This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

image gallery

2 Answers 151 Views
Rotator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeff asked on 08 Aug 2008, 11:07 AM
Hi,

I'm looking to use the RADRotator as an image gallery, similar to your example.  However in my scenario I am not in control of the number of images displayed in the gallery as they are supplied by the user.  This can result in the width of the rotator being wider than the number of pictures.  In this case the control just rotates what images it has but it doesn't look like they are scrolling.  You can see the effect by reducing the number of images in your live image gallery example to say 2.

Can this feature be resolved so that the few images look to scroll across/down the width/height of the rotator region?

Thanks,

Jeff

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2008, 06:57 AM
Hello Jeff,

I don't think that we can fix this behavior in the rotator code. If the combined length of all the items in the datasource is shorter than the rotator itself, they will not be scrolled correctly, because the scrolling animation shuffles the items continuously. What you need to do is either decrease the rotator size or increase the rotator item size. I apologize for the inconvenience.

All the best,
Lini
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
burn
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Aug 2008, 04:24 PM
A quick solution that I use is hiding the "scroll buttons" if there are less images that what would require scrolling.
Tags
Rotator
Asked by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini
Telerik team
burn
Top achievements
Rank 2