This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Illegal characters in path

2 Answers 133 Views
AppBuilder in-browser client
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Stefano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stefano asked on 10 Mar 2016, 05:38 AM

Hello,

I was trying to checkout a different branch in my online platform, but I got the attached error. What could it be?

I don't have conflicts and from terminal (I am working on the project mainly on my local machine) I can checkout just fine.

Thanks,

Stefano

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefano
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Mar 2016, 05:55 AM

It seems the VCS detects some changes in a couple of files that I did not actually change. I got also the attached error when I tried to revert them in order to try cleaning the working directory.

Note that I have also deleted and reloaded the project from gitlab hoping it would clean the error, but it didn't.

Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2016, 02:47 PM
Hello Stefano,

The error indeed indicates there are illegal characters in the path. We performed some tests to checkout branches having special character like '_' and it went fine so far when checking out such branch, trying in the Version Control -> Branches view of the In-Browser Client. Currently, we are also not aware of a reason for failing.

In order to investigate the case further, would you please elaborate more on your exact setup:
1. Would you confirm you use the In-Browser IDE?
2. What is the specific branch you try to checkout? Does it contain any other special characters?
3. What are the exact steps to perform so that we ca verify the case on our side?

As a side note, you can share those details in particular in a new support ticket so that this information to be kept privately.  

Regards,
Dimitrina
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Tags
AppBuilder in-browser client
Asked by
Stefano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dimitrina
Telerik team