This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

IE9 RadTextBox width at 160px

3 Answers 109 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 28 Jun 2012, 02:55 PM
Hi,

All of a sudden my site is displaying all textboxes at 160px wide on IE9.  If I view a page in Chrome or IE9 with Compatibility mode turned on its fine.

I have whittled a page down to the following, the first textbox shows the issue and the second just shows the 160px width.

Looking at the styles I can see that for some reason the width is being explicitly set as 160px which then overrides the CSS based width.

I'm not going to change the code to specify the width for every textbox as this appears to be a bug.  Please advise of a work around.

Regards,

Jon

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <style type="text/css">
        .fullWidthTextBox
        {
            width:578px ! important;
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="uxRadScriptManager" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <telerik:RadStyleSheetManager ID="uxRadStyleSheetManager" Runat="server"></telerik:RadStyleSheetManager>
        <telerik:RadTextBox ID="uxAccount" Runat="server" CssClass="fullWidthTextBox"></telerik:RadTextBox><br/>
        <telerik:RadTextBox ID="uxAccount2" Runat="server" Width="160"></telerik:RadTextBox><br/>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jun 2012, 03:09 PM
It's worth noting that I was on the latest Q2 2012 release and just updated to the June 26 internal build to see if that fixed the issue - it didn't.. :(
Accepted
Eyup
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jun 2012, 01:34 PM
Hello Jon,

Please try the following approach:
<telerik:RadTextBox ... WrapperCssClass="fullWidthTextBox">

Regards,
Eyup
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jun 2012, 01:44 PM
Many thanks for that, works a treat!

Now to do a global search and replace - I just need to hope that I didn't use the textbox specific CSS on any nontextbox elements!

Best Regards,

Jon
Tags
Input
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1