This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

IE 11 and javascript script1015 error

3 Answers 58 Views
DropDownList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tash
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tash asked on 09 Dec 2013, 04:49 PM

I am having the issue with a dropdown list so I am reporting it here but there seems to be a lot of chatter about javascript and IE 11 and Telerik controls. First, I have the latest Telerik controls, Q3 I believe. The framework that is in question is 4.5.1. I am getting a . I am getting script1015 error on drop down lists where the description is "unterminated string constant".

I see a lot of back and forth on forums about framework 4.0 has some hotfix. I tried to apply thought but my framework is newer then the hotfix so it wont let me apply them obviously.

The code works with Firefox and Chrome. So it seems to be IE11 issue but the telerik controls doesn't seem to be IE 11 compatible if I cant get it to run. Please advise what else you need from me to help investigate or please point me to anything you would like for me to try.

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 12 Dec 2013, 12:11 PM
Hello Tashfin,

Could you share some more information about your project. The RadDropDownList is tested under IE 11 and it should be working fine, so the problem must be related to some specific circumstance in your setup. It would be best if you could open up a support ticket and attach a working sample project that demonstrates the issue, so that we can inspect it locally. Or if it's something simpler, explain in detail how we can set it up on our end to achieve the same output.

Regards,
Bozhidar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Colin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Feb 2014, 02:08 PM
We've started getting JavaScript errors as well with IE 11.  This seems to happen in the "at" method that Telerik's embedded jQuery 1.9 is loading.  I have no idea which control this is related to, but we do have some DropDowns inside of TabStrip/MultiPage controls.  I've upgraded to 2013.3.1324 (SP2) but this did not help.
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2014, 06:56 AM
Hello Colin,

Could you also open a support ticket with some sample code or a sample project that we can test locally, in order to troubleshoot the issue?

Regards,
Bozhidar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the UI for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
DropDownList
Asked by
Tash
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Colin
Top achievements
Rank 1