Hi Paul Kleynhans,
Thanks for the compliment and great feedback. I'd like to address some of your questions..
1. That's an interesting idea. I will log your suggestion and it will get reviewed by the team.
2. There are three fields in the Task grid - Work Completed, Work Remaining and PERT Estimate that should allow you to capture this information. However, we do not currently have a report that directly compares this.
3. Adding custom fields has been in our product backlog for some time. It will eventually make it's way into TeamPulse although I can't say when that will be.
4. It's funny you mention not enough tooltips.. We were dicussing something internally this morning where someone claimed "nobody uses the tooltips." We know it's not the ideal way to communicate with users, but I'm glad someone is using what's there! The dashboad part for the team member is intended to show the progress of Stories in the "Done" states during the current iteration. It displays a progress bar of the story points assigned to that member that changes colours from Red-Orange-Yellow-to-Green as stories are marked Done.
5. We also have more refined user access in our product backlog. Another feature that will eventually make it's way into TeamPulse but I can't say when. In the mean time, users do not require access to a project to add Ideas (though they do require a license).
6. The stories in TeamPulse fully support creating a parent-child hierarchy. There are a couple ways you can do this...
- In the View Stories page, in the center above the grid there is a drop-down that contains "Grid View" and "Hiearchy View" as the entries. When in hierarchy view, you can add children stories or use drag & drop within the tree to move stories around.
- When editing a story, in the relationships tab you could add stories as children of a parent story (or vice versa - add a parent as a child, though the UI enforces that a child can only have one parent). The Hierarchy View will properly display these relationships (or create them if you use the view to create your hierarchy directly).
- Our 2011 R1 release has an even easier way to create these relationships through the Quick Linker!
7. Our next release will contain a number of features related directly to Problem Management (Bugs, Issues, Risks). Please refer to the TeamPulse Product Roadmap for more details.
Further to your concerns about developers tracking tasks - our next release will have a number of enhancements related to tasks which we hope will make it easier for developers and managers! The My Perspective feature will allow developers to quickly find their tasks and a Task Board that shows stories with their associated tasks.
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat
for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!