This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Icenium Ion doesn't refresh

9 Answers 100 Views
AppBuilder companion app
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Thilak
Top achievements
Rank 1
Thilak asked on 02 Jul 2013, 05:55 AM
I was using Icenium Ion to run an app that I was working on, and it worked without a glitch, but since the past day or two, Icenium Ion doesn't refresh the app. If I hold three fingers, "downloading package" dialogue momentarily flashes and disappears. It does not refresh the app.

Is this a known issue or do I need to fix something on my end?

I tried installing Icenium Ion on another device, and I'm still not able to get it to work.

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2013, 12:30 PM
Hello Thilak,

We've released an update to Ion in the last week. Could you please make sure you're running the latest version 2.2?

Regards,
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik

Looking for tips & tricks directly from the Icenium team? Check out our blog!
Missed our first webinar, watch it here.
Share feedback and vote for features on our Feedback Portal.
Thilak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the reply, Yavor!

Yes, I received that update. I'm running the latest version of Icenium.
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2013, 12:56 PM
Hi,

Would it be possible to download the iPhone Configuration Utility and see if any errors appear on the IOS Console when you try to LiveSync?

Regards,
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik

Thilak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2013, 01:32 PM
I have attached the console log.

Yavor Georgiev
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2013, 01:47 PM
Hello,

Can you open app.icenium.com in Mobile Safari on your device?

Regards,
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik

Thilak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2013, 05:37 PM
Yes, I can access app.icenium.com and it redirects me to Mist login screen.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2013, 09:21 AM
Hi Thilak,

We've fixed your project and now you should not have any problems livesync-ing. Please close your project and open it again to make sure.

Regards,
Steve
Telerik

Thilak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks!
Cedric
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2013, 05:33 PM
UPDATE: I solved it by recreating the project from an exported archive. Others might want to do the same thing:
http://docs.icenium.com/creating-your-project/scenarios-and-tutorials/recreate-project-import

==
I have the same problem. I make changes to my source files but when I try to refresh via QR and then with 3 fingers it does not refresh (only displaying the "downloading Package" popup for 1 second).

I created a new project and managed to display it in Ion but every time I want to go back to my main project, the download of package does not happen and I see a cached version.

I tried to delete and install Ion again from AppStore and now the only thing I can see is the HelloWorld app when I QRCode my app.

I also tried to rename the workspace, the project, the Application identifier and its version but that makes no difference, Ion no longer want to download my app. Any other sample App can be downloaded. I also tried to delete all the Ion files using iTunes but then my app is just a plain white page. Very frustrating.

All was working perfectly 5 hours ago and then after a minor change to my app, it stopped downloading the latest package. It happened after I tried to add the phonegap-facebook-plugin-0.3.1 plugin as an archive to the project. Now if I try to delete this plugin, I see this in the Mist console:
2013/8/7 11:25:23 Server error: : https://app.icenium.com/api/filesystem/My%20Poker%20Bankroll/My%20Poker%20Bankroll/Plugins/phonegap-facebook-plugin-0.3.1/src/ios/headers/NSError+FBError.h : Not Acceptable
2013/8/7 11:25:23 Server error: : https://app.icenium.com/api/projects/My%20Poker%20Bankroll/My%20Poker%20Bankroll/Plugins/phonegap-facebook-plugin-0.3.1/src/ios/headers/NSError+FBError.h : Not Acceptable

Here's the console from iphone configuration tool:
Aug  6 19:30:48 Cedric--iPhone Icenium Ion[4227] <Warning>: Multi-tasking -> Device: YES, App: YES
Aug  6 19:30:48 Cedric--iPhone kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[4227] Builtin profile: container (sandbox)
Aug  6 19:30:48 Cedric--iPhone kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[4227] Container: /private/var/mobile/Applications/597A9FEF-1816-4E41-B836-98D6B813C994 (sandbox)
Aug  6 19:30:48 Cedric--iPhone Icenium Ion[4227] <Warning>: Resetting plugins due to page load.
Aug  6 19:30:48 Cedric--iPhone Icenium Ion[4227] <Warning>: DEPRECATION NOTICE: The Connection ReachableViaWWAN return value of '2g' is deprecated as of Cordova version 2.6.0 and will be changed to 'cellular' in a future release. 
Aug  6 19:30:49 Cedric--iPhone Icenium Ion[4227] <Warning>: Finished load of: file:///var/mobile/Applications/597A9FEF-1816-4E41-B836-98D6B813C994/Icenium%20Ion.app/www/index.html#/

Any help appreciated! Thanks.
Tags
AppBuilder companion app
Asked by
Thilak
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik team
Thilak
Top achievements