This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

I was expecting 'social controls in Q1 2011'...

1 Answer 34 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
CSurieux asked on 17 Mar 2011, 10:50 AM
Hello,

I appreciate and buy Telerik controls because they help me staying ahead in the functionnalities.
And even with the increased size of the company due to its success and the related decrease in quality of its documentation, I was still finding a winning contract.
But I think I am missing the real thing now: social enabled controls.
Microsoft world has reduced its width, now applications need to speak with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Plaxo, etc....
They need to be able to deal with OpenID and related new standards....

I was expecting something when I downloaded the telerik Facebook test application.
But still nothing....

I will have to move....

best regards.
CS

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 22 Mar 2011, 12:25 PM
Hello Christian,

Thank you for the suggestion about social controls utilizing the OpenID standard - I will forward them to our devteam to be discussed on the next company meetings. In this line of thoughts, can you please elaborate further on these points:
  • What would be the most important features of such component? Will it be something like "social share shaft" that will be able to "talk to" Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.?
  • Do you see it as AJAX or Silverlight component (since you mentioned our F!aceDeck Silverlight sample app for reference)?

The answers to these questions will help us better understand your proposal. We also encourage other Telerik community members to share their opinion/thoughts on that matter.

In addition, note that we are doing our best to maintain/improve the quality of our controls and support resources with each subsequent version. That is why we will be grateful to hear your comments on the decreased documentation quality you stated, including concrete examples. Thus we will do our best to address any issues that may be present in the current documentation state.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team