I want selection on the client to cascade down, preferably while allowing ctrl-clicks

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. C
    C avatar
    43 posts

Posted 02 Mar 2015 Link to this post

In my tree, the leaves are the data carriers, but I want a click on a particular node to (visually) select itself and all its descending nodes. I am then using the list of selected nodes in an Ajax request.

But I haven't been able to figure out how to accomplish this.

I started out by selecting all the node's children:

var toSelect = !node.get_selected();

if (toSelect)
                    node.select();
                else
                    node.unselect();

children.forEach(function(child) {
                    if (toSelect )
                        child.select();                    
                    else
                        child.unselect();
                });

This does indeed select all the nodes. The problem though, is that it does not show (they don't turn blue). So I was looking for a way to do this through the Telerik client side API, but failed. So I turned to Jquery:

var tree = $find("rtCustomerGroups");
    var nodes = tree.get_nodes();

nodes.forEach(function(node) {
    if (node.get_selected())
    node.addClass("rtSelected");
    else
    node.removeClass("rtSelected");

The problem with this approach is that, while it works visually, the browser does not seem to like it - as it's complaining (sometimes) with a typeError saying addClass/removeClass aren't functions.

This also breaks the javascript as the next line, calling the Ajax function, never gets run.

This really bugs me, as the selection really works the way I want, including multi selection with ctrl click.

2. C
    C avatar
    43 posts

Posted 02 Mar 2015 in reply to C Link to this post

There are three duplicate posts, because I got an "error 500" after hitting submit, with no indication that the post had been submitted successfully.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Ivan Danchev
    Admin
    Ivan Danchev avatar
    835 posts

Posted 02 Mar 2015 Link to this post

Hello,

You can use the generated classes to apply CSS styles to the selected items, you just need a stronger selector. For instance, the following rule would make the background of the selected items blue:
    html .RadTreeView .rtSelected .rtIn {
        background-color: blue;
        background-image: none;
    }

Regards,
    Ivan Danchev
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.