This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HTTPS settinsg are not persistent on Windows Server 2012 R2

5 Answers 123 Views
Windows
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Eyme
Top achievements
Rank 1
Eyme asked on 24 Oct 2016, 11:32 AM

Hi,

I'm using Fiddler to decrypt HTTPS traffic on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine and the options are set and works as expected. This is a shared environment and have multiple users with roaming profiles working on it. I see that the settings get disabled each time the user logs off the system. Can you please confirm where exactly these settings are saved so that we can ensure that these settings are persistent(User Profile or Registry?). Fiddler Trust Certificate also needs to be installed each time. Is there a way, to ensure both these settings are persistent?

Thanks Eyme

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2016, 03:13 PM
Hi,

The settings in question are saved in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Fiddler. As for the Fiddler certificate Fiddler doesn't really clean that up. It must be something in the setup of your system that does it.

Regards,
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Eyme
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2016, 04:46 PM

Thanks for looking into it Tsviatko. I have checked the specified registry which is under Telerik folder now, but it has no values set in-spite of the settings being applied successfully.

Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2016, 05:31 PM
My bad. It is actually in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fiddler2\. That's legacy path but we still maintain it to avoid compatibility problems.

Regards,
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Eyme
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Nov 2016, 03:32 PM
Thanks Tsviatko, I see the registry now. Though I have enabled the HTTPS decryption, I don't see a corresponding value in the registry key. Can you point me to the appropriate value in the registry that will be set when it is enabled. Please find the snapshot attached of the setting I'm looking for.
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Nov 2016, 04:58 PM
Hello,

CaptureHTTPS is the key you are looking for.

Regards,
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik by Progress
Tags
Windows
Asked by
Eyme
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
Eyme
Top achievements
Rank 1