Posting this here as a last resort. I've been using Fiddler for years, but sometime in the past few months, it stopped decrypting all HTTPS traffic using the system proxy. I see the same issue on both my office computer running Win7 and my home machine running Win10. This is with Fiddler4. I suspect it was the result of a recent Fiddler update?
Chrome gives the error page: "Your connection is not private" NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
I've spent many hours trying every solution I could find online:
- Resetting all certificates with the reset button
- Unchecking 'decrypt HTTP traffic', removing certs, restart Fiddler, check 'decrypt' again
- Generating certs with different generators (CertEnroll, MakeCert)
- Exporting root cert and manually importing into certmgr
- Manually importing into Chrome cert settings
I see the certificate in the Trusted Root Certificates folder in certmgr. I feel like I've tried everything. Have I missed something?