This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HTTP 500 error reported by Qualidator SiteAnalyzer

5 Answers 69 Views
ScriptManager and StyleSheetManager
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ken Lassesen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Ken Lassesen asked on 06 Jul 2010, 03:12 PM
I am getting this error (running site using VS2010 developer web service).  How do I prevent this?

<Issues>
    <ErrorCode>The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.</ErrorCode>
    <LineNumber>1</LineNumber>
    <LinePosition>0</LinePosition>
    <Url>/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?compress=1&amp;_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2010.1.415.40%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3aen-CA%3a1c53f111-a7b9-466f-ae26-3bd14c91dc5a%3a9e1572d6%3a3f3482cd</Url>
    <Index>-1</Index>
    <Id>0</Id>
    <Visible>true</Visible>
    <IsValidationIssue>true</IsValidationIssue>
    <Message>The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.</Message>
  </Issues>
  <Issues>

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jul 2010, 08:55 AM
Hello Ken,

Can you please request the URL directly and send us the detailed response. The exception details will also be available in the system Event Log.

We should be able to figure out the issue with the additional information.

All the best,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Ken Lassesen
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Jul 2010, 02:27 PM
Actually to make life easy (and perhaps illuminating to your site people), I just dropped in

http://www.telerik.com/

into Qualifator Site Analyzer and get http 500 errors on:
  • /CSS/Global/ie.txt and some other .css files
  • I do not get one on /WebResource/

I also get several XHTML Error -- parsing errors...

I have looked at the event logs and there was nothing there -- hence a bit of frustration. 

The 500 on some text files/css files I have also seen.... so my gut feeling is that it is some IIS setting that is off...

It would be nice to figure this out, but I suspect that it's an obtuse issue. If you are interested, please follow up (if I find out the why, I will post)... otherwise, since it does not impact functionality at all -- don't spend much time on it.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jul 2010, 01:57 PM
Hello Ken,

We're not aware of what exactly the "Qualifator Site Analyzer" does as we don't have access to this software. A google search for it came up empty too.

As for the errors themselves - both the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd and the CSS resources on the site are returned normally.

Is there any chance that you're requesting them through a proxy server of some kind? Maybe it's returning the error.

All the best,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Ken Lassesen
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Jul 2010, 02:13 PM
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2010, 02:07 PM
Hello Ken,

I've run http://www.telerik.com through the tool, but I don't get such error. Perhaps this is an intermittent issue. Can you reliably reproduce it on your site?

You can also check for problems directly by accessing your site with Fiddler, or similar tool, enabled. It will show you any problematic resources.

Greetings,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team
Tags
ScriptManager and StyleSheetManager
Asked by
Ken Lassesen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
Ken Lassesen
Top achievements
Rank 2