This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HTML Table of RadGrid MasterTableView force to width to 100%

6 Answers 209 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Stephane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stephane asked on 29 Jul 2011, 10:57 AM
Hi,
In my radgrid when I no data the HTM table element of mastertableview don't take the whole width.
I try to force by CSS, javascript, but its size is overriden.

Could you give me an issue to force the width of the html table?
<NoRecordsTemplate>
    <div style="text-align: center; width: 100%;">
        <asp:Label Text="<%$Resources:RadGridLib,grid_client_master_no_records %>" ID="LabelNoDoc" runat="server" />
     </div>
</NoRecordsTemplate>

I also try to implemente the client events OnMasterTableViewCreating and OnMasterTableViewCreated, but no succes!

Bye.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 04 Aug 2011, 11:52 AM
Hello Stephane,

I tried to replicate the described problem in a sample project, but to no avail. Can you please check it out and let me know what is the difference  in your case and what step to follow in order to be able to replicate it locally.

Additionally, can you also specify the browser version you are using?

Regards,
Pavlina
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Stephane
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2011, 12:28 PM
Hi,
I will try your projet this afternoon, I will come back to you as soon as possible.

Bye,
Stéphane.
Stephane
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Aug 2011, 09:57 AM
Hi,
I have just tested youe issus, it's ok for me.
Thanks a lot.

But When I resize the RadPane which contains the grid, the div is not resized.
I must do it in the client event of radpage ?
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2011, 03:20 PM
Hi Stephen,

Please try setting MasterTableView Width property to 100% and see if the problem persists. 

Additionally, I recommend that you check out the online example below:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/controls/examples/integration/gridandsplitterresizing/defaultcs.aspx?product=grid

Greetings,
Pavlina
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Deepak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2014, 10:55 AM
Hi,

I am facing a similar issue.

Using a Radgrid which has the MasterTableView width set to 100%. In all browsers, the the outer most table with class="rgMasterTable rgClipCells" has the width=100%, however in IE 11, when the grid is initially empty and is populated via ajax, the width gets calculated based on the browser size, this is just for the datacolumns, the header widths seems to be fine, but if the grid is bound with data on pageload, the width is 100%.

Not sure if I am missing any configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Deepak
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jun 2014, 02:04 PM
Hello Deepak,

Can you provide a live URL which demonstrates the described issue? We will inspect it locally and will get back to you with additional information/suggestion.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Grid
Asked by
Stephane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Stephane
Top achievements
Rank 1