When editing form fields in my HTML 5 kendo mobile app the input focus behavior is strange in iOS webviews and Mobile Safari. Navigating with the iOS keyboard Previous and Next buttons works fine but in our user acceptance testing we found many users tap the subsequent fields they want to edit instead of using these buttons. When the keyboard is present because an input has focus and the user taps on another field, that field is correctly focused sometimes but more often the focus returns to the original field with some "scroll jumpiness", an arbitrary field that was not tapped gains focus, or the keyboard is hidden and no input has focus.
Our app is currently on kendo mobile v2013.1.319 but we found that all versions since 2012.2.719 has the same issue.
Steps to reproduce:
- navigate to http://demos.kendoui.com/mobile/forms/index.html in Mobile Safari
- tap the "Type text " field so that it gains focus and the software keyboard is shown
- tap the password, search, url, email fields and go back and forth tapping among them and observe "scroll jumpiness" and random field focusing behavior.
This behavior occurs on simple, two-input login forms also:
- navigate to http://m.socialofficesuite.com in Mobile Safari
- tap to focus username or password and tap back and forth between fields repeatedly