This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to show only one ItemLabel in line series in radchart

3 Answers 238 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dinesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dinesh asked on 30 Jan 2013, 07:06 AM
I'm using radchart,in tht chart i'm able to show 4 series(binding by programmatically) and in that one of the series is line as the value will be same for each x axis value.Now i want to hide the all ItemLabel except one ItemLabel i.e showing the item label at last x axis value,is there any way to show only one ItemLabel for the series.

Thanks in Advance.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar Marchev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Feb 2013, 11:44 AM
Hello Dinesh,

It seems that this flat line serves as an annotation. If this is the case, and it annotates some value (and it does not represent some data), then I will suggest that you use a line annotation to achieve this.

Greetings,
Petar Marchev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Dinesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Feb 2013, 12:42 PM
Hi Petar,

Thanks for the reply,we doesn't find any annotations property in chart control and i have posted the picture as a sample that i need the value to be shown for the last point(x-axis value) of the line series,which is binding to the another y axis(right side). And that line will dynamically changes when we change the week.

Let me share some of the code below

void SrcObj_RadChart1DataCompleted(object sender, RadChart1DataCompletedEventArgs e)
        {

List<WebService.ChartData> objListAPS = new List<WebService.ChartData>();

objListAPS = (List<WebService.ChartData>)e.Result.ToList();

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AdditionalYAxes.Clear();

RadChart1.PaletteBrushes.Clear();

RadChart1.SeriesMappings.Clear();

AxisY axisY = new AxisY();

axisY.AxisName = "AxisY2";

axisY.Title = "";

axisY.IsZeroBased = true;

axisY.DefaultLabelFormat = "#VAL{P0}";

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AdditionalYAxes.Add(axisY);

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AxisY.DefaultLabelFormat = "#VAL{C0}";

BarSeriesDefinition BarDefVTBUnits = new BarSeriesDefinition();

BarSeriesDefinition BarDefYOYUnits = new BarSeriesDefinition();

LineSeriesDefinition lineDefVTBUnits = new LineSeriesDefinition() { ShowPointMarks = false };

LineSeriesDefinition lineDefYOYUnits = new LineSeriesDefinition() { ShowPointMarks = false};

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartLegend.Background = new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(255, 75, 119, 255));

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AxisY.StripLinesVisibility = Visibility.Collapsed;

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AxisY.MajorGridLinesVisibility = Visibility.Visible;

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartLegend.UseAutoGeneratedItems = true;

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartLegend.Header = "";

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartLegendPosition = Telerik.Windows.Controls.Dock.Bottom;

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartLegend.Foreground = new SolidColorBrush(Colors.White);

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartLegend.LegendItemStyle = new Style() { TargetType = typeof(ChartLegendItem) };

RadChart1.DefaultView.ChartLegend.LegendItemStyle.Setters.Add(new Setter() { Property = Control.ForegroundProperty, Value = new SolidColorBrush(Colors.White) });

RadChart1.AxisForeground = new SolidColorBrush(Colors.Black);

RadChart1.AxisElementBrush = new SolidColorBrush(Colors. Black);

RadChart1.BorderBrush = new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(255, 175, 149, 164));

RadChart1.BorderThickness = new Thickness(1);

SeriesMapping objSeriesMapping1 = new SeriesMapping();

objSeriesMapping1.SeriesDefinition = BarDefVTBUnits;

BarDefVTBUnits.LabelSettings.LabelDisplayMode = LabelDisplayMode.Inside;

objSeriesMapping1.LegendLabel = "Actuals";

objSeriesMapping1.SeriesDefinition = BarDefVTBUnits;

objSeriesMapping1.SeriesDefinition.Appearance.Fill = new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(255, 70, 130, 180));

objSeriesMapping1.ItemMappings.Add(new ItemMapping("ProductGroup", DataPointMember.XCategory));

objSeriesMapping1.ItemMappings.Add(new ItemMapping("Actuals", DataPointMember.YValue));

objSeriesMapping1.SeriesDefinition.ItemLabelFormat = "#Y{C0}";

RadChart1.SeriesMappings.Add(objSeriesMapping1);

SeriesMapping objSeriesMapping2 = new SeriesMapping();

objSeriesMapping2.SeriesDefinition = BarDefYOYUnits;

BarDefYOYUnits.LabelSettings.LabelDisplayMode = LabelDisplayMode.Inside;

objSeriesMapping2.LegendLabel = "Forecast";

objSeriesMapping2.SeriesDefinition = BarDefYOYUnits;

objSeriesMapping2.SeriesDefinition.Appearance.Fill = new SolidColorBrush(Colors.Brown);

objSeriesMapping2.ItemMappings.Add(new ItemMapping("ProductGroup", DataPointMember.XCategory));

objSeriesMapping2.ItemMappings.Add(new ItemMapping("Budget", DataPointMember.YValue));

objSeriesMapping2.SeriesDefinition.ItemLabelFormat = "#Y{C0}";

RadChart1.SeriesMappings.Add(objSeriesMapping2);

SeriesMapping objSeriesMapping3 = new SeriesMapping();

objSeriesMapping3.SeriesDefinition = lineDefVTBUnits;

BarDefVTBUnits.LabelSettings.LabelDisplayMode = LabelDisplayMode.Inside;

objSeriesMapping3.LegendLabel = "Attained Forecast";

objSeriesMapping3.SeriesDefinition.AxisName = "AxisY2";

objSeriesMapping3.SeriesDefinition.Appearance.Fill = new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(255, 236, 182, 48));

objSeriesMapping3.ItemMappings.Add(new ItemMapping("ProductGroup", DataPointMember.XCategory));

objSeriesMapping3.ItemMappings.Add(new ItemMapping("SellInRatio", DataPointMember.YValue));

objSeriesMapping3.SeriesDefinition.ItemLabelFormat = "#Y{P0}";

RadChart1.SeriesMappings.Add(objSeriesMapping3);

SeriesMapping objSeriesMapping4 = new SeriesMapping();

objSeriesMapping4.SeriesDefinition = lineDefYOYUnits;

BarDefYOYUnits.LabelSettings.LabelDisplayMode = LabelDisplayMode.Inside;

objSeriesMapping4.LegendLabel = "Target Attain";

objSeriesMapping4.SeriesDefinition.AxisName = "AxisY2";

objSeriesMapping4.SeriesDefinition.Appearance.Fill = new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(255, 120, 193, 121));

objSeriesMapping4.ItemMappings.Add(new ItemMapping("ProductGroup", DataPointMember.XCategory));

objSeriesMapping4.ItemMappings.Add(new ItemMapping("TargetAttain", DataPointMember.YValue));

objSeriesMapping4.SeriesDefinition.ItemLabelFormat = "#Y{P0}";

RadChart1.SeriesMappings.Add(objSeriesMapping4);
       }

for the objSeriesMapping4 which is line series(dynamically changes) which we need is that the line should show point label for the last x-axis and remaining previous x-axis values the line point labels show be hidden or removed.I'm attaching a picture (i.e the line colored green and label values is 81%).

Accepted
Petar Marchev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Feb 2013, 08:49 AM
Hi Dinesh,

I have attached an example application in which only the last label of the line series is visible. This is not supported by the chart out-of-the-box, but you can easily work-around it by using the DataBound and LayoutUpdated events of the chart. 

All the best,
Petar Marchev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dinesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar Marchev
Telerik team
Dinesh
Top achievements
Rank 1