I think we are experiencing the same stringe behavior as Erlend.
It can be simulated with your WPF Controls Examples application: GridView Examples, Example 'Custom Sorting'.
When there is a combination of columnwidth Auto and *, the resizing is strange:
- Trying to make the columns City, Country or Phone larger fails and other columns collapse
- Trying to extend the company name results into flickering
We would like to have the following behavior:
- If there are too many columns, a horizontal scrollbar should appear (this is probably not possible with star column width?)
- When resizing, only the current column should resize
- When there are few columns, they should stretch to fill the full grid width
The closest I get is to set all column widths to auto, then the first 2 issues are handled.
Is there a possibility to handle all issues?