This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to open an test project fromVS 2010

2 Answers 76 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chakravarthy asked on 07 Jan 2011, 04:34 PM
Hi,

I have used telerik QA Edition previously and created a Project having Automation scripts. I have added those projects to Team Foundation Server Source control. Now i have got the full version of WEB UI TEST STUDIO Developer Edition which is integrated with Visual Studio 2010. I am able to create new test project and able to Record/Playback the Script in this. But i am not able to open projects which are added to Source Control. I am able to connect to Team Foundation Server Server and navigate till project, but when i selected the project the open button is not getting enabled & also from Items of Type list i am not able to get any approriate values to select for my project.Please refer screen shot attached. Please provide me solution in resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kalyan Uppalapati
Riversand Technologies.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jan 2011, 08:43 AM
Please Reply to the above post or let me know if you require any more information.I had struck up with this issue.
Keaegan
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2011, 06:31 PM

Hi Chakravarthy,

The dialog you are opening is asking you to pick an entire project/solution to open (not just the .aii file you are wanting to target). This is why you are not able to see individual script or WebUI test files (or their .resx files either).

The area you are looking for is the "Source Control Explorer". You can get to this area by:

1. Open Visual Studio and the project you are working on
  2. Open the "Team Explorer" (tab next to Solution Explorer on the picture you provided, highlighted item in provided screenshot)
  3. Double-Click Source Control within your tfs folder to open the Source Control Explorer

From within this window you can target specific items, from javascript files to .aii tests and download/update the copy of the items to the most recent through your TFS.

Kind regards,
Keaegan
the Telerik team

Interested in Agile Testing? Check out Telerik TV for a recording of Automated Testing in the Agile Environment
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Chakravarthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Keaegan
Telerik team