The PITS item is live and you can vote for it if you need it, but I'd like to point out several important factors:
1. We are not in a position to check if certain localization is supported by the social network. It is subject to change on their part and is actually a problem with their rendering (e.g. that the facebook button does not render at all instead of falling back to a default language code).
The above has the following implications
- we cannot force them to render their button in a culture they do not support
- we cannot determine if they support the culture, as there isn't an exception thrown
- we cannot control the rendering of the standard buttons at all, it depends on scripts from the network
2. There are other big tasks already set with high priority for the Q2 release (see here
for details), so I cannot confirm if this feature will be implemented for it. Even if it is (i.e. it accumulates enough votes) it will require the developer to make the choice whether to override the culture of the page with this property (see the points above) and will not fall back automatically.
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed