How do I render an OSM file in RadMap 2014 Q2?

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Scott
    Scott avatar
    3 posts

Posted 26 Sep 2014 Link to this post

I'm building a prototype of an application that will utilize offline data from OpenStreetMap.org. So far, I spun up a new WPF project and threw together a quick RadMap using the OSM data provider. The application works but now I want implement a local data source. I downloaded a small dataset from the OSM website. The data is an OSM file and contains XML.

How do I use this file with the RadMap control? I'm new to the RadMap control but have worked with .NET / XML / GIS for years.

Thanks!
  2. Pavel R. Pavlov
    Admin
    Pavel R. Pavlov avatar
    1182 posts

Posted 29 Sep 2014 Link to this post

Hi Scott,

To host the tiles on your local server, you will need to create a custom provider. You can find more information in this article. For your convenience a sample implementation of a custom provider is demonstrated in the attached project. Note that you will need to change the URI that is used in the OSMCustomSource class.

I hope this information will get you started.

Regards,
    Pavel R. Pavlov
    Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready