This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

how can i Do this?

1 Answer 93 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mojtaba
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mojtaba asked on 28 Oct 2012, 11:15 AM
hi,

i've recently decided to chose one of 3rd party components to use in my wpf applications...when i came to this site i saw this image,i loved it's design...but in trial i couldn't find controls or samples about how can i do something like that...can any one help me in a little guide about how can i achieve a design like that? (Specially the parts i've pointed on...what kind of control are they)

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Harald Bacik
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Oct 2012, 11:39 AM
Hey

I don't know, if this will help you out. - But this are all examples, which can be done with Telerik WPF Controls.
1) There is a Metro (Windows 8) Theme, which is provided. More details: Online Help
2) On the left side, it looks like the RadWindow, the above seen kind of navigation could be done only with simple Labels (for example), which have some Triggers in XAML Code and so on.
The main problem is, that it isn't anyway like WinForms in WPF
You can achieve such things by developing you own controls. WPF let your design fantasie "no" confines.
There are some basic style differences in the built in Themes, which change the layout of the Telerik components in a nice way. - But to make a RadListView working with Images/Text and so on, you have to go into deep WPF programming. - This has nothing to do with the Components itself.

At the moment, I have to say, that Telerik has the most complete toolset. - A few little things are still missing (like a Wizzard, or the new Windows 8 based navigation control) - But for example a Busy Indicator is one of my favorites, which you won't find easy with other tools.

Hope I could help a little bit out - Or you got some more detailed questions, - then let them know

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mojtaba
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Harald Bacik
Top achievements
Rank 2
Share this question
or