This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Horizontal Scrollbar

3 Answers 97 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Arati
Top achievements
Rank 1
Arati asked on 17 Feb 2010, 05:32 AM
I have a Splitter in my Page with a grid inside the Right Pane. When my grid loads and the number of columns are more than can fit inside the pane, i get a horizontal scrollbar, and it looks good. However when I start to page through the grid, the horizontal scrollbar disappears when the next page in the grid is loaded, cutting off the report. The horizontal scrollbar again appears though when I mouseover near the paging area of the grid or I click anywhere inside the grid. The scrollbar then remains . This seems to happen only on IE. In Firefox, the horizontal scrollbar never disappears. I do have the grid in the ajax setting. I am not sure what causes the scrollbar to disappear.
My page is inside a MasterPage
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2010, 08:40 AM
Hello Arati,

I prepared a simple test demo based on your explanations and I tested it under IE7 and IE8 with the mentioned version of RadControls but unfortunately to no avail - the horizontal scrollbar did not disappear while I was changing the pages of the grid. Would you please examine the attached demo and modify it in order to reproduce the issue? Once you succeed, share the modified code here (make sure it is still fully runnable) and I will examine it and I will do my best to help.

Greetings,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
vidyavathi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2011, 10:34 AM
even i have faced the same problem.
i have a radpane with scrolling="Y" inside rad pane rad tabstrip. user controls has given for tabs.
in one of the user control rad grid is there inside grid  image buttons are there.if we click the image button(kind of expand functionality) the vertical scroll bar will based on height its good. but for some of the items if i click image button vertical scroll bar is not coming even the height is more than the pane(but still it is scrolling, even though the scrollbar is not appearing) but if i focus(hover) on any other tab scroll bar is appearing and it will persist.
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2011, 06:47 AM
Hi Vidyavathi,

Is there any other container (like PageView) with a preset size nested inside the RadPane, if so please make sure that the scrollbars that appear are actually pane's scrollbars. To be able to provide more to the point answer we will need to examine the exact page setup, could you please provide a sample page demonstrating the problem?

Kind regards,
Dobromir
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Arati
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
vidyavathi
Top achievements
Rank 1