Hide Tabs

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. lkeel
    lkeel avatar
    115 posts

Posted 15 Jun 2010 Link to this post

Is there some way to hide the tab headers from visibility?  In Windows Forms I use the following line of code and it works fine, but i am not clear on how to do this with the WPF tabcontrol.
    radTabStrip1.TabStripElement.TabLayout.Visibility = Telerik.WinControls.ElementVisibility.Collapsed; 

Thanks in advance,
    Lee
  2. Miro Miroslavov
    Admin
    Miro Miroslavov avatar
    588 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2010 Link to this post

Hello lkeel,

We don't support this feature out-of-the box. Although you can do it with a little bad code.

var x = t.ChildrenOfType<FrameworkElement>().First(ch => ch.Name == "HeaderDockedElement");
    x.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed;

Also if you need this feature for your projects, we can add request for it?
    Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
    Miro Miroslavov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. lkeel
    lkeel avatar
    115 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2010 Link to this post

This would be a very useful feature especially when trying to build a WPF wizard.

In you example, what is the variable t?  I have tried the window, tab control, and tab item, but none of them have the ChildrenOfType method.
  5. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

Posted 18 Jun 2010 Link to this post

Hi lkeel,

ChildrenOfType is extension method part of Telerik.Windows.Controls namespace. You need to add using for this namespace. 

All the best,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items