This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Hide/Disable close button?

4 Answers 110 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chris asked on 15 Sep 2008, 02:59 AM
Is there a way to hide or disable the close button?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Sep 2008, 11:51 AM
Hi Chris,

The close button is always visible - you can remove it by modifying the control template if you need to.

All the best,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Oct 2008, 11:31 PM
Can you provide an example of this?  I have a need for this too, and not quite sure how one would go about this.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding how it works, all the information I'm seeing on the web for modifying the control template basically just changes the style of the button.  I suppose you could make the style "invisible", but the implementations I've seen require you to go through xaml to do this rather than being able to modify it programatically (I want the window closeable some times, but not during.. say... an update of the data inside the window).  It also seems that the styling is either performed application wide, or you have to specify the control you want to modify (in this case, the close button that's hidden away as a private member, which also is causing a problem)

A simple ControlBox property (similar to Winform) would be really nice instead of having to define the change in the xaml..

Thanks in advance!
Dan
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2008, 08:12 PM
Hi Dan,

Yes - we will make this optional by providing a property. For the moment it can be achieved if you change the Control template only.

Best wishes,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2008, 08:12 PM
Hi Dan,

Yes - we will make this optional by providing a property. For the moment it can be achieved if you change the Control template only.

Best wishes,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Tags
Window
Asked by
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1