This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Help will not install in VS 2008

2 Answers 48 Views
Documentation and Tutorials
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Thomas asked on 29 Jun 2011, 01:21 AM
For the past two builds, I have not been able to get Help working in Visual Studio 2008 (That this fundamental feature doesn't work is a serious pain). Here's what I did after the last release(2011.1.519):

1. Downloaded the RadControlsForASP.NET.AJAX_2011_1_519_Help2 file.
  2. Extracted the actual contents in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Telerik folder.
  3. Run Reg_RadControlsForASPNET_AJAX.bat

If I then run View_RadControlsForASPNET_AJAX.bat, I can view the help and index with no problem. However, when I load up VS 2008 and go to Help, Index, "RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Documentation" collection, I get nothing. (Technically, I get "No index has been defined for the current Help collection".)

1. Why isn't this working?
2. Why isn't the list of installation instructions included with the ZIP file for installing help?
3. If I did not perform the list of steps correctly, what is the list of instructions as it relates to the latest release?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jun 2011, 08:48 AM
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the inquiry!
Running the Reg_RadControlsForASPNET_AJAX.bat file followed by View_RadControlsForASPNET_AJAX.bat is exactly the way to use the MSHelp2 format of the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Documentation.

I'm sorry we've missed the instructions. We'll add these right away for the Q2 2011 release.

As per the Visual Studio integration, I'm afraid there's a bigger glitch we're experiencing there. We'll do our best to have this fixed as soon as possible. Please, excuse the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2011, 11:38 AM
Hi Thomas,

This is a follow-up to your inquiry regarding MSHelp2 library.

I am happy to inform you that we were able to track the issue and it should be fixed for the upcoming beta release of RadControls For ASP.NET AJAX which is planned to be released until the end of the week. Also, a readme file with instructions on how to manually register the MSHelp2 library will be included.

Regards,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Documentation and Tutorials
Asked by
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Dobromir
Telerik team
Share this question