This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HELP upgrading to 2010, need to remove all traces

3 Answers 57 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
John asked on 01 Jun 2010, 05:08 PM
I have tried to follow your remval instructions but no matter what I do after retracting the solution, I get the following error when loading the front page :

An error occurred during the processing of . Could not load file or assembly 'RadEditorSharePoint, Version=4.5.3.0.........

I have tried editing the publishing template that does not seem to help, please advise!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jun 2010, 08:22 AM
Hi John,

1. Make sure that in your pages you do not have registration lines such as:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="radE" Namespace="Telerik.SharePoint.FieldEditor" Assembly="RadEditorSharePoint, Version=4.5.3.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f131a624888eeed" %>

2. If you previously replaced PublishingWebControls:RichHtmlField with radE:RadHtmlField, you need to return the original fields.

3. Check for some RadEditorSharePoint related entries in the web.config of your MOSS site. Normally, if the uninstall process completes successfully, the RadEditorSharePoint elements are removed automatically. However you can check if this is the case.

If all the entries regarding the RadEditorSharePoint assembly are removed and the error still occurs, send me a couple of screen shots, the web.config file of your moss site and the source of the page. I will check them out and advise you further.

All the best,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jun 2010, 02:30 PM
I will keep you posted but I think i might have tracked it down to some code stuck in the default page, I did everything to remove the code including editing it with sharepoint designer 2007, no luck. Finally last night in desperation I created a new page, and removed the old page, this appears to fixed things. Any ideas of what might have gone wrong here?
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2010, 09:25 AM
Hello John,

I am glad the you managed to fix the problem. The only idea that comes to me is that there were some references to the Telerik's dlls left in the old page.

Sincerely yours,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stanimir
Telerik team
John
Top achievements
Rank 1