This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Height 100 percent failing

1 Answer 110 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jan Pfeffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jan Pfeffer asked on 25 Oct 2012, 12:43 PM
Hey at Telerik

I have the well known problem with height 100 percent not working. The width doesn't seem to work either.

I have included a sample project illustrating my problem.

http://kort2.lifa.dk/publicdownload/RadGridHeightIssuePacked.rar

I would like the width and height of the RadGrid to max to the browser window. If the content is bigger than the browser window only the RadGrid will scroll.

I have tried nomurous solutions without succes.

Hope you can help me.

Sincerly Jan

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 29 Oct 2012, 05:19 PM
Hi,

In your case the problem comes from the fact that you have more than one element on the web page, which change their height on the client until the page is fully loaded. Therefore, the RadGrid height depends on other control height positioned on the top of the page.

However, the only possible way to achieve your goal and set a different height to the RadGrid, e.g. calculate the available space on the screen is to use Javascript and set the RadGrid height client-side. An easier solution will be to use RadSplitter with two RadPanes - the top panel could contain the other controls, while the bottom one - the RadGrid. In this case you can keep the RadGrid's 100% height.

Greetings,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Jan Pfeffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Share this question
or