Thank you for writing.
I have tested the Q1 2012 version of the project and there I cannot observe such a behavior. However, I managed to reproduce similar behavior with our latest release. The problem is that the displayed version in the project properties of Visual Studio is incorrect due to a missing setting in the proj file. I have logged this case in our Public Issue Tracking System and we will address it
accordingly. Feel free to add your vote and subscribe for its status updates here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/winforms/14777.
Your Telerik Points
have been updated for this report.
Our examples are currently meant to work with .NET 2.0 as they are widely using the OLE DB data providers. Changing the Target framework to 4.0 will raise errors in the solution.
I hope that you find this information useful.
the Telerik team