This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Have style names changed from Q12009 to Q2 or Q3?

1 Answer 40 Views
Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robert asked on 14 Nov 2009, 03:25 PM

Hello,

We upgraded in Q1 to take advantage of the new skinning technique and use the Stye Builder when it was released.  I'm working with a skin that was created from WebBlue in Q12009 and I'm finding styles names in this version that are named differently in the current version.  I thought one of the reasons for recreating the skins starting with Q12009 was to avoid dealing with differnt style names between skins.  If the style names change between versions it causes a similar problem.

Here is an example take from the WebBlue skin:

Q1 looks like:

/* Headings 4-6 */

.RadForm_WebBlue h4.rfdH4
{
 color: #000000; 
 border-bottom: solid 1px #a0a0a0; 
}

Q3 looks like:

/* Decorate <h4|5|6 /> */
.RadForm_WebBlue.rfdHeading h4
{
 color: #000000; 
 border-bottom: solid 1px #a0a0a0;
}

Why are there differences in the style sheets now?  Most importantly are there other differences and can anyone provide a list of those styles which have changed names and need to be updated in my Q1 skin to be compatible with the Style Builder?

If I change the style names in the style sheet they won't work correctly with our version of the RadTools, what is the work-around for that?

Thanks,
Bob

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Nov 2009, 11:56 AM
Hello Robert,

These changes were introduced in order to optimize and speed-up the performance of RadFormDecorator, i.e. as you can see we make full use of CSS inheritance, rather than applying classes to each and every element meant to be styled. The new CSS rules are added at the end of the main and skin-specific CSS files.
More information on the subject is available in this blog post:
http://blogs.telerik.com/martinivanov/posts/09-08-14/radformdecorator_is_getting_even_more_css3.aspx

Regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
Share this question
or