This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Has the default skin changed since Q3 2008?

1 Answer 34 Views
FormDecorator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
andieje
Top achievements
Rank 1
andieje asked on 22 May 2009, 03:25 PM
Hello

I am looking at your online demo for the form decorator as found here

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/formdecorator/examples/default/defaultcs.aspx

As you can see on this page when you use teh default skin buttons are displayed in grey with a rollover effect.

I am using the Q3 2008 release and when I use the default skin with the form decorator the button is black with no rollover. If you look at the bottom of this page in the Different Skins section

http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/formdecorator.aspx

where some controls are shown in all the different skins the default button is black.

So using the form decorator and the default skin in the new telerik release, what colour is the button? Black or grey?

I like the default skin as it is and I am hoping it has not changed in the new telerik release. In fact I don't want to upgrade to the new relaase if the default skin has changed since the end of last year.

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 25 May 2009, 08:20 AM
Hi Andieje,

Indeed, all RadControls's skins were reworked in the Q1 2009 release. You could still use the old (pre-Q12009) skins with the new version as external ones.

I have attached all RadControls's skins that were embedded in the Q3 2008 version. They have been adapted to be fully compatible with the Q1 2009 release.

In order to use them as external skins for RadFormDecorator, you should do the following:

1. Add the base and skin's specific CSS files for the RadFormDecorator control to the head section of your page.
   2. Disable the embedded skins for the RadFormDecorator control and the embedded base stylesheet.
   3. Set the Skin property to the name of the skin that you want to use.

Greetings,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
FormDecorator
Asked by
andieje
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
Share this question
or