This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grouping Issue

8 Answers 131 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
William
Top achievements
Rank 2
William asked on 18 Feb 2009, 05:03 PM
If you have say 150 records and are displaying 25 records per page there will be 6 pages.  Now if you select grouping on a field and it spans say 3 pages.

How can you get it when you collapse the group to start showing the next group instead of showing 2 pages of nothing....

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Feb 2009, 06:39 AM
Hi William,

I am not sure of your scenario. But you can check the following forum link and see whether it give some insights on your issue.
Grouping and paging on collapse

Thanks
Shinu

William
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Feb 2009, 01:37 PM
The problem isn't that the page size.  Say I have 2000 records to display and I have the page size set to 50.  In that 2000 records I have a field that I group by and it creates 6 Groups with the following numbers of records (900, 200, 300, 200, 200, 100, 100).
Here is the problem say I collapse the first group of 900 records I would expect that I would instantly see the start of the next group which is 200 records.  But instead I am seeing dead space and I would have to page through 18 pages of dead space till I see the start of the next section.  Even if I change the page size to 100 then I would have 9 pages of dead space.  There has to be a way that if you collapse a group the Grid could re-render the contents of the Grid so that you can see the start of the next group.....
Ramesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Apr 2009, 04:31 PM
Hi William,
Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having similar issues and not sure if there's ay way to resolve it.

Thanks,
Ramesh
r00tsecurity
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 May 2009, 07:50 PM
i have the same issue
jsearl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 May 2009, 04:13 PM
We are having the same issue as well.  Would someone from Telerik please address this issue and offer a fix, workaround, suggestion, etc. 

Thanks!
Jeremy
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2009, 08:23 AM
Hello,

I'm afraid that this behavior is by design and this is how the current implementation of RadGrid's grouping functionality works. However I have forward your request to our development department, thus if this appears to be a common request and attainable enhancement, you may see it included in a future version of the product.

Greetings,
Rosen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Aug 2009, 07:25 PM
has this ever been decided on if it will be in Q3 or Q4?
This is a critical issue for a customer of ours.
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 24 Aug 2009, 01:32 PM
Hi Joe,

Unfortunately we are unable to commit to exact time frame in which the suggested feature will be implemented. However we will do our best to add support for such functionality in future versions of our RadGrid control.

Once again please excuse us for the inconvenience.

All the best,
Rosen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
William
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
William
Top achievements