This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Group Header Section width 100% in PDF?

6 Answers 102 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
Joel asked on 26 Mar 2013, 04:15 PM
I have a letter sized report that is landscape.  I am using edges in the Group Header Section to create a box around some other text boxes.

My report is 8.7 inches wide, with 0.75inch margins all the way around.

The report displays properly in reportviewer.  When exported to PDF, the lines of the box reach all the way to the right margin.

Is this a known issue, and is there a way around it?

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
IvanY
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2013, 12:50 PM
Hello Joel,

There was an issue with the shape item in PDF rendering and it seems that this is your problem. You should know that it is addressed in the latest internal build and once you upgrade Telerik Reporting you will get rid of the issue.

Please excuse us for the temporary inconvenience.

Greetings,
IvanY
the Telerik team

Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 available for download with impressive new visualizations. Download today from your account.

Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Mar 2013, 12:59 PM
Thank you.  I did have quite a bit of problems with the shape objects I used to use not functioning properly in this release, but I removed them since I was only using it as a horizontal rule and replaced with a text box.  That was in a different section of the report though, and the shapes have all been deleted.

Are the section edges also treated as shapes?  That would be good to know for the future.

Thank you for the response.  Any idea when the fix will be released?
IvanY
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2013, 01:33 PM
Hello Joel,

The internal build is already released and you can download it from your account profile.

Since you do not have shapes it is not very clear to us what the issue might be since the screenshots are not very clear. We have tested the PDF rendering at our end but we were not able to find any issues. Can you please provide us with a step by step guide on how to reproduce the issue (like items, page settings, styling, etc)?

Please also note that you can always open a support ticket and attach a runnable sample that exhibits the issue so that we are able to debug it locally and advise you more accordingly.

All the best,
IvanY
the Telerik team

Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 available for download with impressive new visualizations. Download today from your account.

Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Mar 2013, 01:56 PM
Thank you.  It is very easily duplicated. This won't allow attachment of .zip files or I would attach the project to you save time.   Textbox1 and detailsection are the same width in designer, and in web render.  They are not the same in pdf export

Create a new report that is letter sized and portrait.  Change report to landscape.

Put a textbox in detailsection.

Make textbox as wide as detailsection

Give detail section a 1px edge.

Run report.

Export report.
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Mar 2013, 01:59 PM
I apologize.  Also give textbox1 a 1px edge.  I forgot that part.

Also attaching a screenshot from visual studio for clarity.
IvanY
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2013, 10:41 AM
Hi Joel,

Thank you for the provided input. The issue you are having is due the fact that your detail section will grow if exported or viewed in Print Preview to the width of the page. This means that in your case you have two options - use docking for the textbox so that is always with the width of the detail section or initially set the detail section to its maximum width, the width of the page and then setup your textbox. Additionally if you do not want the border to be set on the page but where you designed it to be you can use a Panel and style it appropriately.

In order to avoid unexpected behavior when printing try using the Print Preview option, which in your case will show the same as the exported PDF.

Regards,
IvanY
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
IvanY
Telerik team
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2