This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GridViewHyperlinkColumn

5 Answers 248 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Fadi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Fadi asked on 06 Jun 2016, 12:13 PM

Dear,

is there any capability to change or set the column type dynamically to GridViewHyperlinkColumn after binding?

Regards,

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jun 2016, 12:02 PM
Hello Fadi,

Thank you for writing.

You should remove the auto-generated column and add new hyperlink column. Make sure that the FieldName property of the new column is set.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms.For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.
Fadi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jun 2016, 11:32 AM

After adding the new hyperlink column and set the Fieldname, i am not able to change the font size of the hyperlink column.

I try the cellFormatting event but failed.

I change the font size of the RadGridview but always the hyperlink column is same size!

Need your help.

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jun 2016, 11:53 AM
Hi Fadi,

Thank you for writing back.

The theme is explicitly setting the font of the hyperlink. The following snippet shows how you can set the font in the CellFormatting event:
private void radGridView1_CellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.CellElement.ColumnIndex == 0)
    {
        ((GridHyperlinkCellElement)e.CellElement).ContentElement.Font = f;
    }
    else
    {
        e.CellElement.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.FontProperty, ValueResetFlags.Local);
    }
}

I hope this will be useful. 

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms.For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.
Fadi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jun 2016, 01:57 PM
Ok great but the Underline of the hyperlink content is removed.
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2016, 05:59 AM
Hi Fadi,

Thank you for writing back.

You need to specify the font style when creating it:
Font font = new Font("Consolas", 9,FontStyle.Underline);

private void radGridView1_CellFormatting(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.CellFormattingEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.CellElement.ColumnIndex == 0)
    {
        ((GridHyperlinkCellElement)e.CellElement).ContentElement.Font = font;
    }
    else
    {
        e.CellElement.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.FontProperty, ValueResetFlags.Local);
    }
}

Should you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Fadi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Fadi
Top achievements
Rank 1