Grids DisplayDeleteConfirmation not working in the latest release 2016.3.1028

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Arvind
    Arvind avatar
    7 posts

Posted 03 Nov Link to this post

Hi,

I updated my project to use the latest Telerik MVC release 2016.3.1028, but after this update the grids that i had DisplayDeleteConfirmation(false) does not work anymore and when i click on cancel it displays the message box with "are you sure". When i downgraded to a old version it worked fine.

Now since i have installed the current version the previous version 2016.3.914 that i was using is no more displayed in the update tool in Visual Studio for me to downgrade, please let me know how can i downgrade to this specific version.

Thanks in advance

Arvind

2. Danail Vasilev
    Admin
    Danail Vasilev avatar
    1492 posts

Posted 07 Nov Link to this post

Hello Arvind,

This is a known issue with the delete confirm dialog that has been logged in github, so that you can track its progress here - https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ui-core/issues/2406

Regarding downgrading you can try to manually do that:
        - Remove the reference to the Kendo.Mvc assembly and the assembly itself. Readd the desired assembly.
        - Remove the Kendo UI resources (JavaScript and StyleSheet files) and readd the new ones.

Regards,
    Danail Vasilev
    Telerik by Progress
    Check out the new UI for ASP.NET Core, the most complete UI suite for ASP.NET Core development on the market, with 60+ tried-and-tested widgets, based on Kendo UI.
  3. UI for ASP.NET MVC is VS 2017 Ready
  4. Robert Madrian
    Robert Madrian avatar
    95 posts

Posted 08 Nov in reply to Danail Vasilev Link to this post

This bug is also present in Version 2016.3.914

robert

5. Bob
    Bob avatar
    7 posts

Posted 27 Nov Link to this post

Also present in v2016.3.1118 unfortunately!
  6. Robert
    Robert avatar
    15 posts

Posted 1 day and 20 hours ago Link to this post

According to this github bug report, there is no one assigned to fix this.  There is another problem I have been following which is in the same state (https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ui-core/issues/2189).

I must say that I have become EXTREMELY disappointed in the slowness and what seems like non-seriousness that Telerik has taken in fixing bugs in their products.

It seems to have started when Progress took over.  I may have to start looking at other tools out there.

7. Danail Vasilev
    Admin
    Danail Vasilev avatar
    1492 posts

Posted 1 day and 13 hours ago Link to this post

Hello Guys,

Apologize for the caused inconvenience !

Both of these issues have already been addressed to the attention of our development team and their priority has been raised as well. If everything is fine they will be resolved this week, and the fixes will be available within one of our next internal builds.

The reason for not seeing an assigned person is because we have a private backlog that duplicates the public one and this assignment was done there.

Regards,
    Danail Vasilev
    Telerik by Progress
    Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC is ready for Visual Studio 2017 RC! Learn more.
UI for ASP.NET MVC is VS 2017 Ready