This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GridButtonColumn Problem with 2012-Q2 (just released)

22 Answers 269 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dan asked on 12 Jun 2012, 10:22 PM
I just upgraded from 2012-Q1 to Q2 and noticed that my custom Delete images are no longer working in my RadGrids.  

<telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" Text="Delete" ImageUrl="~/resources/images/delete.png" UniqueName="DeleteColumn" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" CommandName="Delete">
     <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50" VerticalAlign="Middle" />
</telerik:GridButtonColumn>

Instead of using my ImageURL, it is looking for Delete.gif on the current directory.  Is this a bug?  I have rolled back to Q1 and all is fixed again until I figure out what is happening here...

22 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
lupotana
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jun 2012, 07:30 AM
I've the same problem with 2012-Q2....

<telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow"   ImageUrl="~/Images/Grid/delete2.png" ItemStyle-Width="3%" UniqueName="DeleteColumn">
<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="3%" />

Now I see another Image (I've attached).. I think a standar image for DeleteColumn by Telerik.

Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jun 2012, 06:50 PM
I have been able to reproduce this exact behavior using the following code:
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" AllowPaging="True" ShowFooter="True"
    runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="3" GridLines="None"
    CellPadding="0" AllowMultiRowSelection="True" CellSpacing="0">
    <mastertableview showfooter="True" datakeynames="CustomerID">
        <Columns>                   
            <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" Text="Delete" ImageUrl="~/resources/images/delete.png" UniqueName="DeleteColumn" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" CommandName="Delete">
                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50" VerticalAlign="Middle" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="CustomerID"
                SortExpression="CustomerID" HeaderText="CustomerID" DataField="CustomerID"
                ReadOnly="True">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="CompanyName"
                SortExpression="CompanyName" HeaderText="CompanyName"
                DataField="CompanyName">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        </Columns>
    </mastertableview>
</telerik:RadGrid>

Toggling this code from “Telerik.Web.UI.dll” 2012.1.418.40 to the new 2012.2.607.40 release produces the outputs in the attached images. The attached "delete.png" is not referenced in the new build.

If you remove the CommandName="Delete" setting, the URL works fine in the new release. So, it appears to be a "bug".

I've opened a ticket with Telerik in order to expedite the fix. This thread will be updated with the findings.

Hope this helps!
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jun 2012, 05:51 AM
Hello guys,

I suspect this is indeed a bug and have already passed it to our development team for investigation. Please, stand by for further feedback.

Greetings,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2012, 10:48 AM
Hi Dan,

Our development team informed that this is a known issue that has been fixed and the fix will be available in the next latest internal build of the controls. It will be available for download from your customer account by the middle of the day tomorrow (Easter European Time). Please, download it and upgrade your project.

Greetings,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Jacky Sze
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jun 2012, 01:08 PM
When can we expect an official release that include the fix instead of internal builds?
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2012, 03:05 PM
Hello Jacky,

We haven't decided on the certain date of the Q2 2012 SP1 release, but it will probably come in the second half of July.

Kind regards,
Iana Tsolova
the Telerik team
CaseNet
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jun 2012, 04:39 AM
I had also same bug,Where can I download the next latest internal build of the controls?
thanks
Accepted
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2012, 08:15 AM
Hi,

To get the latest internal build, you need to log in to Your Telerik Account and go to Account Overview page. From the menu there select Manage Products and on the right column go to Latest internal builds.

Kind regards,
Iana Tsolova
the Telerik team
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jun 2012, 04:28 PM
Thank you for the follow-up.  I will hold off on Q2 until the official SP is released
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Sep 2012, 04:02 PM
Hi,
Is this bug fixed? If not when will it be fixed? I am facing the same problem and I dont know what can I do now?
Avata - John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Oct 2012, 03:46 AM
Hi  Iana Tsolova,
 I have the same problem and I dont know what can I do now? Is this bug fixed? I used Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2012.2.607.35.
Thanks,
John Avata.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 11 Oct 2012, 10:38 AM
Hello Dan,

Please, upgrade to Q2 SP2, that is, version: 2012.2.912.40/35 - your custom delete images should display all right with that version of the controls.

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Vasssek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Nov 2012, 09:50 AM
Hello,

in Telerik dll version 2012.2.904.40 and older a GridButtonColumn with custom imagebutton is shown properly. Here is the declaration:
<telerik:GridButtonColumn CommandName="Delete" ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="DeleteColumn"
ImageUrl="~/Images/Skins/Simple/Grid/Delete.gif" Text="Vymazať" HeaderStyle-CssClass="rgHeader GridStyle_Nastavenia_DeleteColumn">
<ItemStyle CssClass="rgDataDiv GridStyle_Nastavenia_DeleteColumn" />

IE developer toolbar showed attribute src = ../../Images/Skins/Simple/Grid/Delete.gif.

After, I've changed dlls to version 2012.3.1030.40, there is not displayed custom image. IE developer toolbar shows src empty.

Please help me to solve this issue (bug).

Best regards

Vasssek
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Nov 2012, 08:03 PM
I am also not seeing the button image in a previously working application that is now using version 2012.3.1030.45. I tried both a GridButtonColumn and a GridClientDeleteColumn, and neither one displays the image.
<telerik:GridClientDeleteColumn UniqueName="TestDeleteColumn"
    HeaderText="Delete" HeaderStyle-Width="45" Text="Delete Invitation"
    ButtonType="ImageButton" ImageUrl="../Images/Delete.gif"
    ConfirmTitle="Delete?" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow"
    ConfirmTextFields="PersonDisplay" ConfirmTextFormatString="Delete invited speaker {0}?"
    />

<telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="DeleteColumn" ButtonType="ImageButton"
    CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete Speaker" ImageUrl="~/Images/Delete.gif"
    HeaderText="Delete" HeaderStyle-Width="45"
    ConfirmTitle="Delete?" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow"
    ConfirmTextFields="PersonDisplay" ConfirmTextFormatString="Delete invited speaker {0}?"                   
    >
    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="CursorHand" />
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 05 Nov 2012, 01:37 PM
Hello Dan, hello Vaclav,

Our development team is investigating the issue. Please, stand by.

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 07 Nov 2012, 02:05 PM
Hello,

I have received a notification from the developers that the issue has been addressed. Please, download the latest internal build and test on your side and if any further issues arise, do let us know.

All the best,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Nov 2012, 02:33 PM
The latest build I see is Telerik.Web.UI_2012_3_1106_Dev_hotfix, and the problem is NOT fixed! I'm using Asp.Net 4.5. Telerik really needs to KNOW when and where a bug is fixed rather than wasting my time suggesting it MIGHT be fixed in the unspecified latest build.

I would much rather see Telerik putting more resources into quality control and documentation instead of new features. At this point in time I don't use new features because if the quality issues aren't addressed I'll be looking to transition away from Telerik's components and I don't want to increase my rework when that time comes. This particular bug has been occuring, getting fixed, and recurring for over 3 years already!
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2012, 04:23 PM
Hello Dan,

My post was on the 7th of November, so you should be looking for dlls having a date-time stamp of this day or later.

All the best, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Nov 2012, 04:51 PM
I really don't want to continue ping-pong responses, but I think this is indicative of Telerik's too-relaxed approach to customer communications. Your post asked me to please download the latest internal build and test. If you meant that i should download the next internal build posted AFTER your post, it would have been helpful to include that information in your message instead of asking me to donwload the latest build. How am I supposed to know which build has the fix if you don't tell me?
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 13 Nov 2012, 11:09 AM
Paul, I am not going to answer to qualifications about the telerik's "too-relaxed approach to customer's communication", qualifications I do not agree.

If you have done any testing on your side with the new dlls, let us know - things are working fine on our end. If the problem still persists, we shall be expecting details on how to reproduce it.

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Kristian Radolovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jan 2014, 12:50 PM
Hi Tsvetoslav,
I'm using build 2013.2.611.40 (in DotNetNuke 7) and 2011.2.712.35 (in DotNetNuke 6) an as I can see the problem is still there. In DNN6 the images are there and in DNN7 there are none in the same module.

Any ideas (except using asp:datagrid) 
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jan 2014, 10:05 AM
Hello Kristian,

As we do no longer support RadControls for DNN I would suggest you to contact directly DNN using their forum system so that they could provide the best solution for your case.

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the UI for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
lupotana
Top achievements
Rank 1
Richard
Top achievements