This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid View Modal POpup issue in 2011 Q3 Build.

5 Answers 76 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
sai
Top achievements
Rank 1
sai asked on 14 Mar 2016, 02:14 PM

Hi Team,

I'm using Telerik controls "RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX 2011.3 1305" , I developed a Rad Grid with modal popup,When I click on edit button ,a Modal Popup will launch with grid item editable, in my local environment it is working fine but the same thing is not working after deploying it into Development servers.

This issue is happening in IE, I'm using IE 11.

Thanks in Advance.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2016, 09:24 AM
Hi Sai,

Note that IE 11 was released in the end of 2013. The version of the controls you are referring to was released two years before that. Thus, it is possible that some features do not work as expected in that case.

If you would like to support modern browsers it is recommended to upgrade the controls to a recent version. The latest release is 2016.1.225. Please upgrade the controls to the latest release and see how the behavior changes.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
sai
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Mar 2016, 09:31 AM

Hi Viktor,

In my development machine modal popup Is coming correctly and popup controls are editable in IE 11.

Popup is not editable when I deploy it to the server.

I checked telerik dlls and config fle in server and in my local machine both are same.

Regards

Sai Teja

Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2016, 11:54 AM
Hi Sai,

Note that Internet Explorer opens all intranet sites in Compatibility Mode. Probably this is why the functionality works as expected on your development machine.

As I said, the Q3 2011 version of the controls is two years older than IE11 and it is expected for some features not to work as expected.

Please upgrade the controls to the latest release and see how the behavior changes.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
sai
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2016, 02:06 PM

HI Viktor,

Thanks for your help.

I'm using Radgrid  in edit mode as popup and using User control for edit popup.

I want to make that popup not movable or dragable.Is there any code or setting to achieve that?

Regards

Sai Teja

Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2016, 01:12 PM
Hi Sai,

In order to implement the behavior you can use RadWindow for editing. Then you can enable the needed features for the Window control directly.

The approach is described in the following thread:

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik
Tags
Grid
Asked by
sai
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
sai
Top achievements
Rank 1