Posted 01 Oct 2012
Link to this post
First, thanks for your answer, it was helpfull, but not solved our problems.
Before get to the issues we are seeing, I need to explain the scenario we are working on.
We have several pages consisting on:
1 - A window that displays a grid with all the customers. The user can filter the customers data.
2 - A page grid with a custom toolbar for filtering elements according to a date. If the date is null or is greater than DateTime.Now, the element is active, otherwise is inactive.
3 - A toolbar page for filtering grid data acording to an customer id. All the grid models have this property.
So, the user can filter the grid in many ways: selecting a customer from the window, writing a customer id on the tollbar page input, or selecting an element in the page grid, or writing a name in the autocomplete of the toolbar page (in the sample is the input disabled, I quit these for simplicity). Behind all these funcionality works with your mvvm pattern, wich by the way is awesome.
I've attached a sample project that use northwind database(wich is not in the zip file) with a single page with the elements mentioned above an adapted to the database. The issues that we see are:
1 - If we set a default value for the grid model property that is display in the editor template as a dropdownlist, the problem '2' mentioned in my previous post is fixed, but this we consider is not a good design for this particular control, because we maybe don't know the default value, and the dropdownlist, when fetch it's data, select the first element, so the user can assume that this is the default value.
2 - We set the page grid to selection type 'Cell' to filter the data by the customer id of that row, but when we click in the edit or delete buttons, the change event fires, wich we don't want, because fires the filter event and close the editor window. Be the way, if selection type is 'Row', then the event fires even when you click the details button.
3 - Your response about the first issue of my previous post works almost fine, because we think that if the user has the grid filtered, then the new element need to be filtered too, wich could result in a new element not showin after the insert.
4 - Other details, like null values in grid and validation issues, we think are fixed in the sp1, according to changelogs.
We are considering to migrate all our mvc products to kendo, we think this library is much better than the previous telerik extension, wich we use, with some cool features, but we faced these problems when we start migrating a small mvc app for testing.
Sorry by theeese big post, and we are waiting for your response