This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid group header text

13 Answers 217 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
al
Top achievements
Rank 1
al asked on 06 Jul 2010, 09:43 AM
Hi! just want to change the text "Drag a column header and drop it here to group by that column" when you group in the grid.

I cant find this property.

thanks....

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2010, 09:55 AM
Hi al,

You can change that via Localization.

All the best,
Yavor Georgiev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
al
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jul 2010, 10:21 AM
Hi! i have seen the localization part. The problem is, we do not want to localize it in other language. We created a settings for different languages so that the user will be the one to change it.

So, i like to learn how to apply it without using the localization part.

Yavor Georgiev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2010, 11:47 AM
Hi al,

Could you please describe your scenario in more detail? Do you use Localization already?

Sincerely yours,
Yavor Georgiev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
al
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 02:31 AM
Hi! sorry for the late reply... The scenarion is like this, we have settings for all the text. For example, we have a settings for button text, label text, grid column text. So if they want to change the text in a button, they just go to the settings and change it. Or if they want to change the text in the button into another word, they will have to change it in the setting window.

So our system is not only limited to language translation.

al
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 03:04 AM
Hi! i have already figure out how to change the group header text. I just add a property so that i can pass it in the class.

thanks for the reply....
cielo valdoz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Oct 2010, 10:27 AM
hi, im interested in the solution for this. how did you add the property?
Park
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2011, 03:20 AM
hi

buy the way, what is "Grouped By" resource name ?

thank
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2011, 08:11 AM
Hello Park,

The Resources keys for the RadGridView may be found here

Greetings,
Maya
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Miguel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Apr 2011, 06:47 PM
Hi, i'm also looking to change the group header text without passing by the localization drama as it is not for translating and i want to be able to dynamically change that text.
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik team
answered on 02 Apr 2011, 01:38 AM
Hello Miguel,

In this case you will need to retemplate the GridViewGroupPanel control using Blend.

All the best,
Yavor Georgiev
the Telerik team
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Jul 2013, 01:10 PM
This is and has always been a problem since a long time.  Changing the text for the group pannel along with the text to add a new row.
Now that I end up with a last message mystery about re templating.  Could we have a complete solution to know how to have those text changed dynamically by C# code ?
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jul 2013, 03:56 PM
Hello Mark,

The localization and the update of the text for the group panel and the insert new row button are the same as for the rest of the grid. Do you have problems only with those elements or the whole grid ? 

Regards,
Maya
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Jul 2013, 05:54 PM
I had my answer from another thread about changing Localization dynamically by implementing EventAggredator.  Here's where I had this nice workaround which I just hope Telerik will implement something easier in a near future.

https://github.com/koenj/Telerik.RadGridView.DynamicCultures

Thank you

Not exactly what the thread is all about but sometimes searching and finding something close to your problem results in asking in a thread like this one about something that is not totally the same and I'm sorry about that
Tags
GridView
Asked by
al
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yavor Georgiev
Telerik team
al
Top achievements
Rank 1