This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Graphite crashing

1 Answer 47 Views
AppBuilder Windows client
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Scott asked on 07 Nov 2013, 10:29 PM
I have an installation of Graphite 1.8 running on Windows 8 and when I try to open a project the app crashes.  I would like to just try upgrading to 1.9 but for some reason it doesn't prompt me to update like it used to.  Is there a way to manually make the app go out and look for an update?  Below I've also included what I'm seeing in my application log if that is helpful.

Scott

Event ID: 1026
Application: Icenium.Graphite.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException

Stack:

at System.Reactive.Concurrency.TaskPoolScheduler+<>c__DisplayClass2`1+<>c__DisplayClass4[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<Schedule>b__1()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 08 Nov 2013, 04:47 PM
Hi Scott,

Are you by any chance using a proxy? If that is the case, there is a known problem in the current release that we would address in a hotfix early next week. For the time being you can use the browser based client Mist. If that is not the case, please try a clean install of Graphite by wiping the old files:
  1. Close all Icenium Graphite instances. Open the Task Manager and make sure that there are no running processes with the name Icenium.Graphite.exe. If there is - kill it.
  2. Uninstall Graphite.
  3. Delete all contents in the %localappdata%\Temp\IceDeviceSimulator folder.
  4. Delete all contents in the  %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\ folder.
  5. Delete all contents in the  %localappdata%\Apps\2.0 folder.
  6. Re-install Graphite.
If the problem persists, please run and save logs from FiddlerCap (with the Decrypt HTTPS Traffic option enabled). Start it prior Graphite and save the HTTP requests to disk. Save the sessions and attach it to this thread.

Regards,
Steve
Telerik
You've missed the Icenium Visual Studio Integration keynote? It has been recorded and posted here.
Looking for tips & tricks directly from the Icenium team? Check out our blog!
Share feedback and vote for features on our Feedback Portal.
Tags
AppBuilder Windows client
Asked by
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Share this question
or