This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Graphite - Barcode Scanner .js = 404 Not Found

2 Answers 80 Views
General Discussion
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bill asked on 10 Jul 2013, 02:07 AM
This is probably something really silly, but I can't include the barcode scanner javascript file in graphite.  I get 404 (not found) on the barcodescanner.js file after adding the plugin to my project.  I have looked at tutorials and I am using the same paths as others are.

I added the plugin via project >> properties >> plugins >> checked the barcode plugin >> save.  The plugin shows up fine in the solution window with the path below.  However Graphite errors on the path stating its not found and the simulator throws 404's as well...??  I've removed and re-added the plugin to see if it simply didn't register to no avail.

<script src="Plugins/Barcode Scanner/barcodescanner.js"></script>

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2013, 07:02 AM
Hello Bill,

An error is thrown because the barcodescanner.js file is not physically present in your project (it is in the cloud), you can safely ignore it. We would remove the erroneous underline in Graphite for the next version to avoid any misunderstanding. You should also have in mind that Cordova plug-ins are not supported in the Icenium simulator and you would have to run your project on actual device in order for a plug-in to work. This information is already present in the documentation: Enable and Configure Integrated Plugins.

Regards,
Steve
Telerik

Looking for tips & tricks directly from the Icenium team? Check out our blog!
Missed our first webinar, watch it here.
Share feedback and vote for features on our Feedback Portal.
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks Steve.  Once I saw Graphite's error, I tried to run it anyway in the simulator but was getting 404's when debugging network traffic so I stopped there.  I figured if I was getting 404's it definitely wouldn't work on my device.

I went ahead and built/deployed regardless of the local IDE/Simulator errors and it worked on my device.  Thanks.
Tags
General Discussion
Asked by
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1