This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Getting an error when upgrading to 2011.3.1116.0

4 Answers 67 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rod
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rod asked on 16 Nov 2011, 06:30 PM
I got a message today, when I got into VS 2010, that there was an upgrade to the Telerik WPF toolkit to 2011.3.1116.0.  However, I'm now having problems getting it installed.  I think it may be because I hadn't launched VS 2010 as an administrator; I ran it as a regular user.  When I did, it complained that it couldn't uninstall something (the preivous version, I believe).  Now, every time I get into VS 2010 I get a message saying that VS Extension Manager sees an update from version 2011.2.915.0 to 2011.3.1116.0.  When I tell it to run the upgrade, it now fails with the error message:

"Microsoft Visual Studio
The extension could not be installed because the folllwing error occurred:
Telerik WPF VSExtensions is already installed"

I'm running this on a Windows 7 Ultimate machine, 32-bit.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 17 Nov 2011, 03:43 AM
Seeing the same thing... Errors out with "already installed" when the update actually didn't even get past clicking install button.
Rod
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2011, 05:23 PM
I hate to say it, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone.
Accepted
Aylin
Telerik team
answered on 17 Nov 2011, 05:38 PM
Hi,

I tried to reproduce the issue, but everything works fine at our side. WPF VSExtensions were sucessfully upgraded from version 2011.2.915.0 to 2011.3.1116.0.

I would suggest the following steps that could workaround the problem though:

1. Open Visual Studio 2010 and go to Tools -> Extension Manager...
  2. Uninstall Telerik WPF VSExtensions available in the Installed Extensions section of the Extension Manager.
  3. After that restart VS2010 if it prompts to.
  4. Go to the Online Gallery section in the Extension Manager and search for Telerik WPF VSExtensions. Download and install them and restart VS2010.

I hope this will help.

Best Regards,
Aylin,
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Rod
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2011, 09:26 PM
I guess that worked.  I uninstalled the WPF VSExtensions, which got me out of VS 2010, and then got back into it, went back into Extension Manager and searched for Telerik WPF VSExtensions.  I found it, but it said that it was already installed.  I re-enabled it, got back out of VS 2010 and got back in, and VS 2010 seems OK with that.
Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Rod
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Rod