Font problem

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. CreoniX
    CreoniX avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2009

    Posted 31 Oct 2012 Link to this post

    Hi all,

    I'm using the Crystal Reports 9 - "Export to disk file" option to generate pdf file(s) from my reports.
    This works fine: I can open the reports using Acrobat Reader and they look perfect. However, as soon as I load the pdf in the RadPDFViewer (version 2012.2.1009.40), the report becomes completely unreadable (replacing the text with strange font characters as if the font is not there).
    I tried it with Arial, Times New Roman, Courier, Aharoni... but nothing works.

    Strangely enough: If I "print" the same report to a PDF printer to generated the PDF (instead of export), then it works fine !

    Any help would be very much appreciated! 

    Kind regards,
    Wim
  2. CreoniX
    CreoniX avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2009

    Posted 31 Oct 2012 Link to this post

    I just discovered that the RADPDFViewer might have difficulties displaying PDF documents with version 1.2? Could that be?
    PDF's with version 1.3 or higher seem to be displaying perfectly...

  3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Kammen
    Admin
    Kammen avatar
    312 posts

    Posted 02 Nov 2012 Link to this post

    Hi Robrecht,
    This is know issue. It seems related to the way fonts are embedded in PDF files that are created by Crystal Reports.
    We are working on new text rendering system that should handle such cases correctly, and it should be ready for the 2013 Q1 release (expected in February or March). We will appreciate if you can send us sample document that we can test against the new rendering system in order to be sure that it works correctly for your case.

    Kind regards,
    Kammen
    the Telerik team

    Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

  5. CreoniX
    CreoniX avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2009

    Posted 04 Nov 2012 Link to this post

    Hi Kammen,

    Thanks for the quick reply! Tomorrow I will generate a pdf report which causes issues when loaded in the Telerik PDFViewer. What I know already is that generating the pdf-export from the crystal report, creates a PDF document version 1.2

    Meanwhile I developed a workaround: instead of automating the "export of the rpt to a pdf", I wrote some code which automates the printing of the report to a pre-installed PDF Printer (in which case it seems to be working, as it creates a PDF document version 1.5)

    Thanks for the info anyway!

    Kind regards!
Back to Top