This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Fix size dockpanels (WINFORMS2008Q2)

5 Answers 93 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jack asked on 25 Nov 2008, 10:10 AM
Hello Telerik,

I've read the following post: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/dock/fixed-size-dockpanels.aspx

It mentions that in the Q2 release something should be implemented having fixed size dock panels.

The following is what I require:

3 dockpanels:
[A]
---
[B]
---
[C]

The height of A and C should be fixed.
the height of B should be filling the remaining space.

How can this quest be accomplished?

Kind regards,
Jack

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 26 Nov 2008, 09:01 AM
Hi Jack,

This feature is still not supported by RadDock. We are still researching several possible solutions of this complex enhancement and implementation.

For now you can use the DockingStateChanged event for this scenario. In the event handler set Size of [A] and [B] DockPanels.

Regards,
Julian Benkov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Nov 2008, 10:17 AM
Hi Julian

I don't know what to do with the solution you gave me. It does not solve the problem here. I was wrestling with the fixed sizes myself already. However, there is a big difference in when one maximizes the form and restores again, etc. It looks like the docking manager takes a percentage of the space for the panels and ignores the size setting

Kind regards,

Jack
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 28 Nov 2008, 08:21 AM
Hello Jack,

You are absolutely right, the resizing logic of RadDock component is percentage based when the parent form size is changed. You can use the Resize event of the Form object and set size of your DockPanels.

void DockForm_Resize(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    dockPanel1.Size = new Size(100, 200); 

Sincerely yours,
Julian Benkov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
William
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Dec 2008, 05:59 AM
Has this been fixed in Q3?  What I need is a fixed width panel on the left that is locked.  I don't want the user to be able to resize or float at all. All I need is to be able to hide and show in a fixed width.
Thanks
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 30 Dec 2008, 09:45 AM
Hi William,

The full featured dock layout with fixed panel will be introduced in Q1 2009 release. This is complex feature and more time is needed for implementation.

If you have additional questions, please contact us.

Regards,
Julian Benkov
the Telerik team

Tags
Dock
Asked by
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 1