This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Firefox jquery error 2011.1.413

13 Answers 108 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Przemysław Dzierżak
Top achievements
Rank 1
Przemysław Dzierżak asked on 27 Apr 2011, 10:04 AM
After upgrade from 2011.1.315 to 2011.1.413 firefox throw jquery error 
c.defaultView.getComputedStyle(a, null) is null
(function(a,b){function ci(a){return d...a+"px")}}),a.jQuery=a.$=d})(window);

Chrome and ie work`s great.
It`s happens when IFrame window is in RadPanel

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2011, 07:55 AM
Hi Przemysław,

We are not aware of this issue and you are the first one to report it. Could you please provide more detailed information on the specific scenario?
  • Could you please verify that there are no multiple registration of different jQuery versions on the page?
  • If you are loading an external page, could you please verify that the error is not caused by a JavaScript function trying to access the parent page?
  • Could you please provide a sample fully runnable project reproducing the problem so we can examine and debug it locally?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Dobromir
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 May 2011, 01:14 AM
I'm on the same version and have the same problem (ff only).

Could the jquery bug be the problem:
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/2f5871105858b7f7
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2011, 06:59 AM
Hi Aaron,

The above mentioned bug in jQuery is reported for version 1.2 while RadControls are using jQuery 1.5. Could you please provide a sample page reproducing the problem so we can investigate it further?

Regards,
Dobromir
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Przemysław Dzierżak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 May 2011, 11:29 AM
Hallo,

Thanks Aaron for giving link to this jQuery issue. This helped us find a workaround for our issue. The source of our problem was initial display state of an iframe (as suggested in the link provided).

Note that Telerik roadmap says the version of jQuery was changed in 2011.1.413.

Regards,
Przemek
Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 May 2011, 03:22 PM
Excellent, I'm requesting my employer download the latest patch.

FYI: from another link I found a suggestion to rebuild the radwindow each time.  So, I worked around the issue by doing a destroyonclose.  Since I have some radwindows with tabcontrols with ajaxed user controls which didn't clear on close on safari and chrome (but ok on msie, ff, and opera), I already was doing that.  As expected with destroy on close, openings sometimes resulted in a blank default window so I had to rebuild the options each time.

Worked fine.  Here's a quick attempt to show the workaround.

<telerik:RadWindow ID="MyRadWindow" runat="server" Style="z-index: 3000;"
          ShowContentDuringLoad="false" AutoSize="true" AutoSizeBehaviors="Default" VisibleTitlebar="true"
          Animation="FlyIn" AnimationDuration="300" EnableShadow="true" VisibleOnPageLoad="false"
          Title="MyRadWindow TitleBar" NavigateUrl="~/MyRadWindow.aspx" ReloadOnShow="true"
          KeepInScreenBounds="true" VisibleStatusbar="false" Modal="true" Behaviors="Close,Maximize"
          DestroyOnClose="true" EnableViewState="true" ViewStateMode="Enabled">
      </telerik:RadWindow>
Then rebuilt it on each open trying to keep the same declarative model (couldn't find destroy on close api in telerik online documentation http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/window/using-the-radwindow-clientside-api.aspx and don't have js intellisense active but events in firebug showed it existed).

function OpenMyRadWindow(sender, args) {

var oWindow = radopen(null, "MyRadWindow");
            //

oWindow.set_destroyOnClose(true); // should filter to $.browser.mozilla   

oWindow.setUrl("~/MyRadWindow.aspx");
            oWindow.set_title("MyRadWindow TitleBar");  // uses title in aspx file anyway
            oWindow.set_animation(Telerik.Web.UI.WindowAnimation.FlyIn);
            oWindow.set_animationDuration(200);
            oWindow.set_behaviors(Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Close);
            oWindow.set_modal(true);
            oWindow.set_visibleStatusbar(false);
            oWindow.set_autoSize(true);
            oWindow.set_autoSizeBehaviors(Telerik.Web.UI.WindowAutoSizeBehaviors.Default);
            oWindow.set_visibleOnPageLoad(false);
            oWindow.set_reloadOnShow(false);
            oWindow.set_showContentDuringLoad(false);
            oWindow.set_keepInScreenBounds(true);
                 oWindow.set_behaviors(Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Close + Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Maximize);
                 return false;
}

Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 26 May 2011, 02:52 PM
I have run into this issue. I think its because my site loads jQuery 1.3. What version does Telerik currently use? Couldn't find the reference in the Roadmap.
Przemysław Dzierżak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 May 2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/whats-new/release-history/q1-2011-sp1-version-2011-1-413.aspx

"Added: Updated the internally used jQuery to 1.5.2"

Hope this helps,
Przemek
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2011, 09:04 AM
Hello guys,

Actually, this bug has been present in older version of jQuery, then fixed and it is again now intorduced in 1.6 version - it is discussed below:

http://blog.jquery.com/2011/04/26/jquery-1-6-rc-1-released/

https://github.com/jquery/jquery/pull/370

and a potential fix is suggested here:

https://github.com/thegrandpoobah/jquery/commit/837e825fc62325c7a387500dc7b310458be83693

I can confirm that the next release Q2 2011 will be upgraded to this fixed version of jQuery and the problem will not persist there.

For the time being, I suggest to workaround the issue - either by not hiding the iframe with display but with positioining or use a timeout when hiding it.

In case this is not your scenario or you need further assistance with that, please prepare a very simple, fully runnable reproduction demo along with reproduction steps and I will do my best to develop a temporary workaround for you until the fixed version is available.

Kind regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 27 May 2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up. So am I right in assuming that your Q2 2011 controls will be using jQuery 1.6.2?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2011, 02:54 PM
Hi Albert,

Yes, we will update the jQuery version in the next major release. 

Regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Andre Light
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2011, 09:05 PM
I am seeing this issue, as well--only in Firefox, though--all other major browsers (IE, Safari, and Chrome) have no problem at all.

Andre
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jul 2011, 09:48 AM
Hi Andre,

In RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2011 the version of jQuery is 1.6.2 and this problem should not occur. If you are using Q2 2011 and still experience this error, could you please provide more detailed information on the specific scenario, a sample page reproducing the problem will be of help isolating the issue?

Greetings,
Dobromir
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Andre Light
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jul 2011, 01:19 PM
Hi Dobromir,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I actually solved this problem before upgrading to the latest Telerik version (though I'm doing that soon, as well) by using the workaround Svetlina recommended above: "For the time being, I suggest to workaround the issue - either by not hiding the iframe with display but with positing or use a timeout when hiding it."

By the way, after further testing with other users, this problem ended up occurring in IE, as well, on certain computers--not just Firefox as I mentioned in my earlier post.

I was using a RadWindow as a "hidden window" that loaded one of my app's background ASPX pages by opening the window and then hiding it right away.  In my app, it was better for me to redesign the interface to make the window visible to the user for a short time (kind of like a "Connecting..." window) before hiding it...and that resolved the issue.

So, I don't know if the issue would occur in the Telerik.Web.UI Q2 2011 release or not (since my case was a bit different than the original issue: I was effectively immediately hiding an iframe within a RadWindow, rather than an iframe within an Update panel), but if it does, maybe the above info will help someone else :-).

Andre
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Przemysław Dzierżak
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dobromir
Telerik team
Aaron
Top achievements