Firefox Client Disabled

9 posts, 1 answers
  1. Doug
    Doug avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2010

    Posted 26 Jan 2012 Link to this post

    I'm trying to solve a problem where the testing framework is unable to control Firefox 9 (Chrome and IE work fine).  Firefox starts, but hangs when configuring the browser for automation.

    I did some digging and ended up looking into the extensions that are installed.  I found that the Telerik Testing Framework Firefox 4+ client is disabled because is it "incompatible with Firefox 9.0.1".

    Any idea why that would be?  I've seen other documentation saying this should work fine.

    Thanks!
  2. Anthony
    Admin
    Anthony avatar
    19 posts

    Posted 26 Jan 2012 Link to this post

    Hello Doug,

    Please see our troubleshooting guide article on this topic.

    All the best,
    Anthony
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Doug
    Doug avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2010

    Posted 26 Jan 2012 Link to this post

    Thanks, that did the trick.

    Now on to the next problem.  Firefox starts, but the browser sits at a URL like this:

    about:blank?!!AOT2.0!Pipe.ArtOfTest.WebAii.BrowserProvisioner_-1654082172

    I thought this happened when the extension was disabled, but I have it enabled.  Can anything else cause this?
  4. Nitin
    Nitin avatar
    29 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2010

    Posted 27 Jan 2012 Link to this post

    Hi Doug
    Get the latest internal build 2011.2.1305

    and From Firefox 9+ Extensions Enable the Extension(Restart Firefox), 
    see the snaphot

    and Close all the Instances of Firefox and try to Run your Script

    I am sure you would be able to run your scripts
    Thanks
    Nitin
  5. Anthony
    Admin
    Anthony avatar
    19 posts

    Posted 27 Jan 2012 Link to this post

    Hello Doug,

    Nitin is exactly right. After upgrading Test Studio, confirm the 4+ Client is enabled in Add-ons Manager, then close all instances of Firefox. Rerun your script through Test Studio and it should work.

    See here for more information.

    @Nitin: I awarded you Telerik points for assisting another customer.

    Greetings,
    Anthony
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  6. Doug
    Doug avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2010

    Posted 27 Jan 2012 Link to this post

    I grabbed build 1305, but still no luck.  You can see the extension configured in the attached screenshot and Firefox still hanging.  Could it be a permissions issue or something else?
  7. Nitin
    Nitin avatar
    29 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2010

    Posted 27 Jan 2012 Link to this post

    Hi Doug

    First Kill all the Open Process of Firefox from the Task Manager

    Then Try to Run your Tests (I dont think any Premission issue was there)

    @Anthony: Thanks for the Points

    Thanks
    Nitin

  8. Answer
    Anthony
    Admin
    Anthony avatar
    19 posts

    Posted 27 Jan 2012 Link to this post

    Hello Doug,

    First, as Nitin suggested, ensure all FF instances are closed, even on the Processes tab in Task Manager.

    Since the Telerik extension is correctly enabled, there may be a conflicting Add-on. Try disabling all non-Telerik Add-ons and try again. If it succeeds, re-enable those Add-ons one at a time until you identify the culprit. If you identify a specific Add-on as problematic, please let us know what it is so we can add it to our documentation.

    Greetings,
    Anthony
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  9. Doug
    Doug avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2010

    Posted 06 Feb 2012 Link to this post

    To close hte loop on this.. I'm all set and everything works.
Back to Top