Firebird Binary2ArrayConverter Error

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. mariob
    mariob avatar
    15 posts
    Member since:
    May 2007

    Posted 03 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hi!

    I'm following blog post to use OA with Lightswitch, so I thought I could try it with Firebird (version 2.1.3) since I have few projects running on it, using Visual Studio 2010 SP1 on Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Telerik Open Access ORM Free Edition (downloaded yesterday, May 02, so latest version whichever it is). 

    I created Class Library project and added OA model and few firebird tables in it. This part works like a charm :)
    Then I added RIA Services Class Library project to solution, but I have no luck with adding OA Domain Service (Add New Item -> Telerik OpenAccess Domain Service, error raises in moment when I select Domain Context). I even removed problematic fields from model (both in Open Access Model Explorer and Model Schema Explorer). I cleaned and rebuild entire solution after each change. I've attached the error message.

    Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Ok, I understand that mapping of blob sub_type 1 type doesn't work, but why OA RIA services wizard insists on those fields, even when they do not exist in model or generated classes? I can't remove them from database because they do contain certain information which are important elsewhere, but not in this scenario. 

    Is there a way to fix this?

    Thanks, 

    Mario B. 
  2. Answer
    Thomas
    Admin
    Thomas avatar
    590 posts

    Posted 05 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hello mariob,

    there was an issue with blob subtype 1 columns incorrectly mapped to be byte[], where a string should be mapped. Therefore the mentioned converter gets into the game and fails.
    Please change the mapping to string for those columns. The using fields will then be correctly handled by the meta data and the RIA wizard should work again. 

    Best wishes,
    Thomas
    the Telerik team
    Q1’11 SP1 of Telerik OpenAccess is available for download; also available is the Q2'11 Roadmap for Telerik OpenAccess ORM.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. mariob
    mariob avatar
    15 posts
    Member since:
    May 2007

    Posted 05 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hi!

    Thanks for reply. 

    Yes, changing type manually to String fixed the issue, but only after restarting Visual Studio. I did clean and rebuild several times, but it seems something gets cached after first invocation of data services wizard.

    Let me explain what happened. 
    - I set type to String in model, Clean All, Rebuild All
    - tried to add OA Domain Service, but I got error for another field (same problem, forgot about that field)
    - ok, back to model, fix that field as well, Clean All, Rebuild all
    - tried to add OA DS again - same error, same field
    - restart Visual Studio
    - tried to add OA DS - everything works fine

    Not sure if I'm missing something or this is a small bug. 

    Thanks, 

    Mario B. 
  5. Thomas
    Admin
    Thomas avatar
    590 posts

    Posted 06 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hi mariob,

    yes, could be there is something cached. I will ask my colleagues to look into this.

    All the best,
    Thomas
    the Telerik team
    Q1’11 SP1 of Telerik OpenAccess is available for download; also available is the Q2'11 Roadmap for Telerik OpenAccess ORM.
Back to Top