This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Find Control

1 Answer 81 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
vivek
Top achievements
Rank 1
vivek asked on 29 Dec 2011, 05:45 PM
Hi ,

I am using a spliter control in my page and thr are two rad panel

spliter  ---- RadPane1 -- radListview----item1,item2,item3  all are template field and in side Item there are some link and div
          -----RadPane2  -- using contenturl   i am loding a page here

how can i access in content page of radpane2 controls of tadpane1 like item exist in radlistview on client and server side

Thanks
vivek

Code
<telerik:RadSplitter  ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server"
            EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" BorderStyle="None" EnableEmbeddedScripts="true"
            LiveResize="True" Width="940px">
            <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane1" runat="server" CssClass="myStepContainer"
                Height="500px">
                <!-- Generate the left panel for the wizard steps-->

<telerik:RadListView ID="WizardStepList" runat="server" ItemPlaceholderID="WizardStepsContainer"
                    DataKeyNames="Id" DataSourceID="WizardStepDataSource">

<LayoutTemplate>
                        <%--<fieldset> --%>

<asp:Panel ID="WizardStepsContainer" runat="server" />
                        <%--</fieldset>--%></LayoutTemplate>
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <div class='<%#Eval("StatusCssClass") %>' id="workflowItem" runat="server">
                            <p class="toggler">
                                <asp:LinkButton ID="NStep" index='<%# Index++ %>' CssClass='<%#Eval("StepCssClass") %>'
                                    Text='<%#Eval("StepDisplayText") %>' runat="server" OnClick="NavigateStep" OnClientClick='<%# "return navigate(\"" + (Index) + "\");" %>'></asp:LinkButton></p>
                        </div>
                    </ItemTemplate>
                </telerik:RadListView>
            </telerik:RadPane>
            <telerik:RadPane ID="contentPane" EnableEmbeddedScripts="true" runat="server" ContentUrl="about:blank"
                CssClass="container" Width="790px" Height="600px">
                <div id="Div1" runat="server" class="workflowButtonsHoriz">
                    <asp:Button CssClass="prevButton" ID="Previous" title="Previous" runat="server" OnClick="Previous_Click" />
                    <asp:Button CssClass="nextButton" ID="Next" title="Next" runat="server" OnClick="Next_Click" />
                    <span style="display: none">
                        <asp:Button ID="refresh" runat="server" OnClick="Refresh" /></span>
                </div>
                <div class="clearBoth">
                </div>
            </telerik:RadPane>          
        </telerik:RadSplitter>

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petur Subev
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jan 2012, 09:27 AM
Hi Vivek,

You had posted this is the ASP.NET MVC forum and your question is related to the ASP.NET Ajax forum. You can ask for help on the official Splitter section. For your convenience we have already changed this, yet I ask that in the future you post in the correct section as this allows your query to be forwarded to the people that will be able to help you better.

As for referencing the controls - this can be done via JavaScript only and only if the content page comes from the same domain as the main page. Accessing controls from different pages in the code-behind is usually not possible and is actually not a task related to the RadControls.

What I can suggest is that you declare a function in the main page and in the content page that will do the needed work, as they can reference the needed controls easily since they will be on the correct frame. Then you can call the needed function from the main page by using the parent keyword and you can call the function from the content page as explained in this KB article.

Kind regards,
Petur Subev
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the Telerik Extensions for ASP.MET MVC, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
vivek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petur Subev
Telerik team
Share this question
or