This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Filtering not working

7 Answers 206 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
David asked on 12 Nov 2010, 08:11 PM
I can't get my RadComboBox to filter. I have  IsEditable="True"  IsReadOnly="False" IsFilteringEnabled="True" TextSearchMode="Contains" VirtualizingStackPanel.IsVirtualizing="False" . So why won't it filter? Do I need something else?
IsEditable="True"  IsReadOnly="False" IsFilteringEnabled="True" TextSearchMode="Contains"
                                  VirtualizingStackPanel.IsVirtualizing="False" 

IsEditable="True"  IsReadOnly="False" IsFilteringEnabled="True" TextSearchMode="Contains"

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 15 Nov 2010, 01:03 PM
Hello David,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, filtering and virtualization are not supported by the RadComboBox together. We will consider addressing this issue in one of our future releases.
Sorry if that causes you any inconvenience.

If you have any other questions about our controls let us know.

Sincerely yours,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Nov 2010, 03:44 PM
Thats why I said VirtualizingStackPanel.IsVirtualizing="False" . 
Accepted
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 16 Nov 2010, 10:54 AM
Hello David,

Sorry for the oversight.

Since you are not using virtualization, the filtering should work as expected. Could you please review the following help article about filtering: http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/radcombobox-features-filtering.html
Also, could you please give us some more details about your application and if possible send us a sample project in which the issue is reproduced.

Looking forward to your reply.

Greetings,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
See What's New in RadControls for WPF in Q3 2010 on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST or 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM EST: Register here>>
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Nov 2010, 08:01 PM
I created a ticket 367408 and attached an example.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2010, 03:31 PM
I thought I should type when the drop down was closed. Then when I opened the drop down, it would be filtered. Sorry I misunderstood how it works. The help article should mention that filter only works with the drop down open.
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2010, 08:18 AM
Hi David,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

We will do our best to update the help documentation as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any other inquiries.

All the best,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for WPF
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Nov 2010, 08:28 PM
Just thought I would let you know that I implemented a RadComboBox. I decided to turn filtering on with 'contains' when the drop down is open and no filtering 'starts with' when the drop down is closed.  Its working great!
Thanks for your patience with my misunderstanding.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantina
Telerik team
David
Top achievements
Rank 1