This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Fiddler vs. Windows 10 Creators Update & "mobileservice:13340"

1 Answer 179 Views
Fiddler Classic
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Christopher
Top achievements
Rank 1
Christopher asked on 07 Jun 2017, 02:42 AM

I have been unable to set fiddler as the system proxy ever since updating to the Windows 10 "creators update"(Version 1703, build 15063.332). All fields on the LAN settings window are blank, and it won't let me update them. I enter "127.0.0.1" and "8888" and after the advanced settings window closes, clicking "ok" does NOTHING!!! Reinstalling fiddler ALSO does NOTHING!!!!

After one cumulative update of Windows, the problem got worse: 

" 22:17:47:1692 ! WARNING: Port 8888 is already in use (for at least some IP addresses) by 'mobileservice:13340' "

At startup, a dialog asks to reassign fiddler to a different random port. If I decline, the attached error dialog shows up.

Any suggestions?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jun 2017, 09:41 PM
I'm having the same problem. This seems to be a problem with other developer machines where I am that have installed the Windows 10 Creator's Update (1703). I think the problem with Fiddler is a symptom and not a cause of the issue of not being able to click the OK button on the Internet Options dialog for the proxy settings. It sounds like Fiddler is just unable to change those settings for some reason or maybe Microsoft just doesn't like our first name. I will reply back to this if I find a solution.
Tags
Fiddler Classic
Asked by
Christopher
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or