This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Fiddler listens 8888 but can send any responce to 8888 ?

4 Answers 105 Views
Windows
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Murat
Top achievements
Rank 1
Murat asked on 25 Oct 2015, 12:32 PM
Fiddler listens 8888 but can send any responce to 8888 ?

Hello ,

I add

ic function OnBeforeRequest(oSession: Session) { oSessiom.host=oSession.hostname +":8080";
this and my program using proxy 127.0.0.1:8888 and fiddler captures what my program sent.

My question is , in inspectors there is a response screen , fiddler can send the responce to 127.0.0.1:8888 , i want to capture that responce with my program ?

Thank you.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2015, 05:02 PM
Hi, Murat--

It's not entirely clear what you're asking. Fiddler is a proxy server; it watches all proxied HTTP & HTTPS traffic to servers (regardless of what port that server runs on).

The script you're showing captures all requests and changes them to go to port 8080 on the target server (instead of whatever port the client tried to use). Generally speaking, this will cause all requests to fail because servers, as a general rule, will not be listening for requests on port 8080.

Can you step back a bit and describe what your "program" is meant to do?

Regards,
Eric Lawrence
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Murat
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Oct 2015, 10:55 AM

My program gets a web site and using fiddler as a proxy 127.0.0.1:8888

Like , 

My program get an url over 127.0.0.1:8888 ---- > fiddler captures get and responce from the site , that is ok.

Fiddler can able to feedback the responce which is from the site , directly to my program

My program --- > GET ---->  Fiddler Captures

Fiddler feddback ---- > My Program , over 127.0.0.1:8888

For example ,

My program ---- GET - 123456.com/helloworld.html  ----  Fiddler Captures ---- 123456.com and helloworld.html for example

And fiddler feedback helloworld.html ----> to my program over 127.0.0.1:8888 , acting like a proxy

and my program see the helloworld.html.

Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
answered on 02 Nov 2015, 05:39 PM
Hi, Murat--

think you're asking: "How can I configure things so that my program can load http://127.0.0.1:8888/?target=http://example.com/page and Fiddler will download the requested page and send it back to my program as the response"? 

Is that what you're asking?

If so, the task is pretty simple; you'd click Rules > Customize Rules. Scroll to OnBeforeRequest and add code inside it like:

// If request targeted to Fiddler, change URL to the value of the TARGET= url parameter
   if (oSession.host == "127.0.0.1:8888") 
   {
     oSession.fullUrl = oSession.fullUrl.Substring(oSession.fullUrl.IndexOf("target=")+7);
   }

Regards,
Eric Lawrence
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Murat
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Nov 2015, 09:48 AM
awesome , thank you
Tags
Windows
Asked by
Murat
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by