Thank you for your comments! Some of the issues will be addressed in the service pack which will be released by the end of the month. Straight to the points:
1. We had a parser vs masked input debate when we were designing the DatePicker and then the parser was chosen. On a second thought the two can coexist, so I note that as a feature.
2. This is addressed in the service pack, thanks.
3. That is a good suggestion, we will look into it.
4. Read-only mode will be fixed in the service pack. In fact, there is a missing TemplateBinding in the current skin that "breaks" the IsReadOnly mode, I will be happy to send you the new ControlTemplate if you need it sooner.
5. The service pack will include a TimePicker for Silverlight that will be made available for WPF in the following release.
6. This is fixed in the service pack, thanks.
7. That was the initial beahviour of the Calendar and the DatePicker but I personally found it a bit user-unfriendly. The behaviour depends on some MinWidth/Height properties that are set in Xaml, I can send you the xaml if you wish to have the changing width/height.
8. That is in our todo-list.
Thank you again for your comments, this kind of feedback does help us improve our controls.
the Telerik team
Check out Telerik Trainer
, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.