This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Feature Requests

3 Answers 73 Views
DropDownTree
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ioish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ioish asked on 21 Feb 2013, 07:58 PM

I have several suggestions to make this control more useful when dealing with large trees:

• Implement (vertical) scrollbars, because when dealing with a large tree, the element gets way to big
  • Allow typing in the textfield to filter the items, for example:

Having this tree

+ Cheeses
|--- Gouda
|--- Brie
+ Wines
|--- Zinfandel
|--- Pinot Noir
|--- Cabernet Sauvignon

Typing "Noir" in the combo would filter the items of the trees and yield the following tree:

+ Wines
|--- Pinot Noir

•  Optional showing the complete or partial path to the chosen Item with a configurable separator. Choosing "Pinot Noir" with a path separator ">" would yield the following in the textbox: Wines > Pinot Noir 

Is any of this possible? Thanks!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2013, 12:21 PM
Hi Ioish,

Regarding you first request you could set Width and Height to the control. In case that the embedded tree has bigger dimensions scroll bars will appear. We also planning to create AutoWidth option.
The filtering is also in our TODO list. Now we use back slash as a separator so, we need to export it as a property for the upcoming releases.

Regards,
Peter Filipov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Ioish
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2013, 07:55 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the answer! I hope to see the filtering and separator propoerty in the next release :) As for the scrollbars: they do not apear even when setting the height and width. I tested this both as a normal control on a form as well as in a radgrid. Is there anything else I should do besides setting those two properties?

Peter Filipov
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 10:02 AM
Hello Ioish,

Regarding to the drop down dimensions I setup a sample project. You need to set Width and Height from DropDownSetting section. Also you need additional CSS (which will be added for the service pack).

Kind regards,
Peter Filipov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
DropDownTree
Asked by
Ioish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
Ioish
Top achievements
Rank 1